Strings advice

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by Luca1979, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Luca1979

Luca1979 Supporting Member

I'm currently using Rotosound RS77 strings on my Precision, I like the tension and the reduced finger squeak, but I'm looking for alternatives with a more focused, tight sound.
    Sometimes my recorded bass sound gets a little flubby and unfocused, the low-end is nicely deep but slightly undefined.

I come from the guitar world, so I'm aware that technique matters a lot, but maybe a string switch will help.

Genre is classic rock, blues, pop.
    Maybe standard D'addario EXL160's will make a difference for the better?

Thanks!

2. soulman969

soulman969 Member

Check out GHS Pressurewounds.

https://www.ghsstrings.com/products?categories=pressurewoundtm

Mellower tonality yet very expressive, very articulate and very punchy. Outer wrap is rollerwound for comfort and reduced finger noise.

I have them on two of my G&L basses and a Jazz Bass and if I was limited to only one string on all of them they'd be on my PBass too.

3. Nighttrain1158

Nighttrain1158 Member

Pressure Wounds are awesome But if you like the Flats then Ernie ball Cobalt Flats are what you want nice and warm but with some nice clean top end but no zing and focused mids . Overall just Brighter more mid focused flats. If you want the ultimate and don't mind a little less than smooth feel to your strings I would go with GHS Pressure wounds There is IMHO no better set of strings ML-7200

4. ezra1

ezra1 Member

I like Elixir