Strobostomp Rocks - You guys are 1000% correct

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dinrodef, Sep 15, 2005.

1. dinrodef

dinrodef Guest

I just got a peterson strobostomp because of this forum. Damn - why didn't I buy this thing years ago

My guitars are finally in tune. I was always fighting with one of my strats and thought that it needed new tuning pegs... but it turns out my Boss Tu-2 was off just enough to keep my guitar slightly out (which has been driving me nuts for years)

thanks everybody

2. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Yeah, my TU-2 is on my home pedal board. It stinks compared to my Stobo on my gig board. I'm always retuning with the TU-2!!! Not with the Strobostomp.

Enjoy...

3. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

I`ve NEVER trusted tuners 100 % I use them to get close, then tune to the band. We have keys, so its quick and easy. That way we always sound tuned together.

CT.

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Strobostomp set a new bar, and it just makes guitars sound better; and music sounds better for it.

One guitarist at a time; eventually we'll all be in tune. :D

5. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

"I've NEVER trusted tuners 100 % I use them to get close, then tune to the band. We have keys, so its quick and easy. That way we always sound tuned together. "

You and your band must have amazing ears, if you can tune by ear better than a Peterson tuner...;)

6. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

Sounds like a new slogan! lol

7. loopjunkie

loopjunkie Member

I just got my Strobo; didnt want to get banned from the gear page!

:D
    I really!!! like it. before i was thinking about getting outfitted with the buzz feiten, but it sounds so good now i doubt i will!

Also i just got anouther little toy well 2 actually, I replaced my 1 spots with 2 pedal power2 plus'. you wouldnt belive the diff it makes on my pedals (espesally my WIZARD WAH) they dont distort they sound better then ever less thin and tinny.
    DAMN my stupid ears for not knowing i had bad tone and was out of tune before! :mad:

8. Souled Out

Souled Out Member

I always thought I just had a ****** sense for tuning for last 30+ years ( and still do). Couldn't even begin to play in store because I'd spend the whole time just trying to tune. Always seemed just a tad off and even if I got right it was fleeting and I'd be fighting to get it back. I've known some really good players who have never played in tune. Because of this awesome forum I got the Strobo Stomp about a month ago. I have been absolutly dumbfounded by what it is like to always play in PERFECT tune. Harmonics just ring for days. Chord arrangements make more sense. The BEST is I have the illusion of being a better player. I want to try to do my own intonations in the future with this box and work with some of the other tunings it can provide. Just changed it direct bypass to keep from eating batteries. I may have to get the adapter soon. Next time I hear a great guitar player out of tune I will buy them one as gift, Well maybe not, but I'd tell them about it. :dude

9. Marcello

Marcello Member

i always retune cuz i dont have locking tuners...

10. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

"i always retune cuz i dont have locking tuners..."

Marcello, are you serious??

You don't need locking tuners to stay in tune. None of my guitars have them. All you need is decent tuners and to stretch your strings enough, so they don't go out of tune. Please, if you have any questions about keeping your guitar in tune, this is the place man!
    :AOK

11. Marcello

Marcello Member

dude i was joking :D

maybe i just have good ears but my guitars are perfectly in tune (to my ears). I always take a fair amount of time to tune'em up.

12. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

OK, notice how I said "are you serious?", cause I couldn't tell.

13. dinrodef

dinrodef Guest

Yeah that's a good slogan:dude