Strobostomp Users - CHIME IN!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by onestop, Jul 3, 2006.

1. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

Just got my hands on a Peterson Strobostomp and I CAN'T WAIT to try it out!!

But I have a question....

Looking at the bottom of the pedal, I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach the pedal to my PedalTrain Pro board. Could use velcro but don't want to compromise the integrity of the label on the bottom of the pedal. There are also those 4 knoby feet

PLEASE CHIME IN....how do you have yours attached to your board?

2. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

I pulled the feet off and velcroed over the label. Since you have a Pedal Train, you could always use zip ties.

3. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I have put squares of velcro on the feet of pedals before... works OK. I haven't velcroed my strobostomp yet...

4. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

My board has the fuzzy side on it - I put two half-sized strips of velcro with the fuzzy side on the pedal just between the feet. I cut four pieces of velcro with the loop end that matched the two half-sized pieces on the pedal. I stuck two of the loop pieces together sticky side to sticky side. The extra thickness of velcro is deep enough to attach the pedal without further modification.

5. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

Trimmed some velcro strips and put it around the sticker. Stays put just fine. ;)

6. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

took off the feet and put it over the sticker, same as Abbe :)

7. Lution

Lution Supporting Member

+1 :)

8. Deaj

Deaj Member

Ditto :)

9. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

Another feet off....velcro on guy here

10. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I just yank the feet off but I use 2 narrow strips and avoid covering the label!

11. iggs

iggs Member

Yup ... feet off, velcro on.

12. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

Thanks to everyone! I ended up knocking off the feet and cutting 2 thin strips and it seems to be working just fine.

Thanks again!

13. derek2615

derek2615 Member

Feet off, velcro on. You bought it to use not to set on your mantle. I love mine. Little advice, be sure if you put it on the top row of your PedalTrain to slide it toward the middle of the board enough such that there is never any stress on the jacks. They are board mount style and more fragile that the typical metal jacks on most boards. I did not even want it as the first pedal in the chain because I did not want to be continually plugging my guitar cable in and out.

Something cool I did yesterday, I put an Ernie Ball Volume pedal on the board and ran the tuner out to the StroboStomp. Now I leave it on all the time and just heel down the volume pedal for silent tuning. The unexpected coolness was the fact that while picking out notes down the neck the note you can always instantly see the name of the note you're playing. I thought this might affect the tone some to use the tuner out. I could not tell any difference. Enjoy it.
    Derek

14. MichaelX

MichaelX Member

I used a nail gun...

Just kidding, I removed the feet and velcroed around the label. After you remove the rubber the plastic part sticks up some. Even though it sticks out a bit, the velco holds it down with no problem.

I just wish it didn't look like a blue blob on my board.

Mike

15. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Feet off Velcro strips top and bottom.

I run the second output from my Valulator to the Strobostomp so it is on all the time. Shut the volume down with Volume pedal. Also it seems to be a bit of a voltage hog so I run a separate AC/DC converter to it and I found I can't run a second voltage hog off the DC out jack as it will shut the Strobostomp down temporarily. I can run some switch LED's off it fine.

16. Steve Foley

Steve Foley Member

I left the feet on, for now. I drilled a couple of 1/4" holes in the pedal boad on either side of the pedal location, and am running a zip tie over the "waist" of the pedal. Not very elegant, but it works; somewhat of a pain, when reconfiguring the pedals on the board, or taking the tuner off for a "tuner-only" gig, but I don't do that too often, so it works....

17. Beam Tetrode

Beam Tetrode Member

I really wish the Strobostomp was stronger. For a $150+ unit, the enclosure is not very heavy duty. Furthermore, the board-mounted jacks are flimsy pieces of crap. For me, a tuner is the most important device on my pedalboard. I need something a little more failsafe!