Strut your Mary Kayes!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by eVITAERC, Jul 4, 2008.

1. eVITAERC

eVITAERC Member

I know the CS models are overpriced, but I've been seriously GASing for one as a possible project strat. It's gonna go nicely as a sibling for my white LP custom. Trouble is I can't decide between a rosewood fretboard and a maple one (and also flamed vs. plain for that matter). I like the feel of rosewood a tad better; also it's gonna more closely resemble my LPC. However part of me can't put down the nagging suspicion that the classic mary kaye elegance is going to be totally ruined by the presence of a dark colour. Anyways, please help me decide and curb the enthusiasm by posting your Mark Kayes!

(just to be clear, I'm refering to Mary Kaye as a style, not just the transparent white body finish, but also gold hardware, white pickguard, maple fretboard, etc)

2. Zemaitisguitar

Zemaitisguitar Silver Supporting Member

3. Butterscotch

Butterscotch Member

4. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

Not really Mary Kaye with the Rosewood and no gold but here you go anyway. I built this one myself. It now sports a tortoise shell guard. Fralin Vintage Hot pickups (this week I'll be installing a SP43 in the bridge) RS electronics and Callaham block.

[​IMG]

shot with tortoise guard
    [​IMG]

5. crzyfngers

crzyfngers Member

look at the grain on THAT body. like a woman in a sun dress. woo hoo

6. Zeon45

Zeon45 Member

7. zenfreud

zenfreud Member

Is the white/blonde finish on a Eric Johnson Strat the same as that on a CS Mary Kaye Strat?