1. The target date for the upgrade is August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.
    Dismiss Notice

Strymon All in One

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by drock2k1, Jul 12, 2020.

1. drock2k1

drock2k1 Supporting Member

So, with the success of the Iridium and, I don’t know, every other pedal they have made since never they were even called Strymon, it seems like an all in one pedal with amp and parts of their effects pedals would be a no brainer. I’m sure it would cost a mint but you would think that this is being considered. Any thoughts?

PS- Yes I searched

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  2. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

Great idea.. I can’t imagine the price.....

RigbyMortis, jrjones and ruger9 like this.
  3. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

A Fractal FM3 definitely has equal level effects, IMO. And it's $999. How is Strymon going to compete with that, when just one of their big box effects is $450?

4. jeremyjh

jeremyjh Member

Well see, they would put the name "Strymon" on it. They would make it 4 times the size of the Volante. They would charge $1850. They would finally admit that it is ridiculous to have a series of digital conversions between separate pedals. And they would put the name "Strymon" on it.

I think it would do well.

Did I mention it would say "Strymon"?

5. Doomrider78

Doomrider78 Member

I think this is the crux of the matter: There's no way a Strymon product could compete in price with a Pod Go, a HX Stomp or a FM3 etc, and if it did it would make all of their other products obsolete.

I R P, jbd3, Frank67 and 2 others like this.
  6. drock2k1

They would probably have the same wait time :)

PaisleyWookie likes this.
  7. Tootone

Tootone Member

It's called putting all your eggs in one basket.

Not sure Strymon will consider this anytime soon.

At least not a product that would rob sales of all the other units.

Axe, Line6, Boss etc are all doing a pretty good job in this arena and have been for a long time.

Alex Kenivel and sandcastle like this.
  8. drock2k1

I do think something like this could get pedal purists (some may say snobs) interested in digital modeling.

9. yeky83

yeky83 Member

I imagine it would look something like the Boss ME-50. Man I played the heck out of that thing.

Cactusprick and phractus like this.
  10. jeremyjh

jeremyjh Member

I think it would be just as likely to get them disinterested in Strymon. Its pulling back the curtain too far.

11. gabipe15

gabipe15 Member

12. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

It would have to have better effects than the FM3, in order to make it obsolete. Their effects aren’t better.

13. burton56

burton56 Member

I’m not sure an all-in-one will come out anytime soon, but I would like to see them explore some new Volante sized pedals.
    Great format.
    Plenty of room for knobs, buttons, and I/O without any screens.

phractus likes this.
  14. Doomrider78

Doomrider78 Member

I'm test driving an Iridium at the moment
    I'm not saying it would make the FM3 obsolete, I'm saying it would make other Strymon pedals obsolete, if they were to include them in a multi-fx unit.

15. BCy2k

BCy2k Member

I had someone from Strymon on the phone and asked about this a year or two ago. At the time they didn't seem to be thinking along those lines at all, though the person I asked definitely understood why I was asking. Not holding my breath.

16. Gasp100

Gasp100 Supporting Member

Hard to beat FM3 at $1K.
    The best way to beat the FM3 at this point is to get it to market without an absurd wait time. Strymon distribution channels could be enough to upset the apple cart if they went in this direction.

gonzoknife and SinglecutGuy like this.
  17. COYS

COYS Supporting Member

I have a TimeLine, a BigSky, and I just got an Iridium within the last week too. I'm not really that interested in Mobius but heck, I've almost got a set now. :eek:

No idea what a Strymon Helix would look like or cost, but if you ask me - they might be better off aiming at Fractal and Kemper instead of Line 6 and Boss

18. Leon Todd

Leon Todd Member

A Strymon hardware unit in the same format as a Bigsky/TL/Mobius that let you load the firmware from any of the 3 units would be really cool. Similar to what Poly do with the Digit/Beebo or Neunaber do with the Slate.

jeremyjh, davidespinosa and mousepunk like this.
  19. Doomrider78

Doomrider78 Member

I think they could make the Iridium more versatile by adding some limited delay and reverb effects (limited enough to not step on the toes of their other standalone units), as well as aux in, midi control etc.

20. Tootone

Tootone Member

The H9 can only be one thing at a time... relative to the function of the individual modules.

I suspect OP wants a Helix type platform with all Strymon pedal modules available concurrently.