Strymon Deco users

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by buzzp, Apr 25, 2016.

1. buzzp

buzzp Member

How are you guys using this? Is anyone still using it?

2. mrbluetone

mrbluetone Member

Still loving mine. Last in chain split for two amps. Wide Mode and I use mine as either slight delay or slap back it really sits in the mix well. The drive part I use to sweeten the signal.

3. camilok

camilok Member

I have found it to be the best flange effect for heavy distortion I have ever used. It has the capability to be so very subtle, so that the flange effect does not overpower the tone of the amp. Used in the loop, for me.

4. buzzp

buzzp Member

Awesome, thinking about getting one.. need to go try one out.

5. whackystrings

whackystrings Member

Every gig!
    for rockabilly, the slapback
    for other covers, a momentary zero-through flange, or chorus, or flanger. I have used the left side as a clean solo boost and other times with the saturation up for added OD stacking with another OD pedal.
    Fun stuff.

6. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

Love it. My rig is mostly based on presets instead of ad-hoc pedal use, so I have a lot of MIDI recall-able settings in other pedals, but the DECO and a wah are the only fx pedals in front of me for on-demand use. I run mine first for a Fat Boost and Chorus with the occasional auto sweep Flange by holding down the switch. I don't use a slapback delay all that much, but when I need to this is there for that as well. Something about the sound of the chorus and flange makes me smile every time.

I've also used it in the studio for applying tape saturation to drum tracks and even to manually flange a mix. Also to do a wide-stereo separation on a mono guitar into 2 amps. These alone are worth keeping it, the fact that I use it on my pedalboard is a bonus. I just kept finding uses for it that I did not expect.

To give you an idea of the different flavors of the Through-Zero Flange in two Strymon units, I needed to mimic two solos from Alex Lifeson. One required a more subtle TZF than the other and the DECO in front of the amp was perfect.

This is a solo where the TZF comes from the Mobius and Chorus from the DECO:

Here is the opposite, chorus from the Mobius and TZF from the DECO:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    hippieboy, shack and JimGtr like this.