Strymon Iridium!

Phopper

That is gorgeous!!
That is beautiful! Care to share some settings?

Cheers!
Love that tone @Phopper!
Thanks yall.
I used the Round amp with some custom Ownhammer IRs. A 2x12 alnico blue on the left and a 4x12 Mesa on the right with some slight eq adjustments.
Gain was 1:30
Bass was 12:00
Mids were 2:00
Treble 1:00
Room 11:00 - small size

I had a diamond comp, KoT and a Hudson broadcast clone on for tone shaping. The Broadcast really gave it that glassy tone. And finally some ventris plate for ambience.

I'm blown away by how much the Iridium FEELS like an amp. I've been able to use my pedals in ways I haven't thought of before. I don't know why that is but it's just been such an inspiration.

guitarman92

I got to use a friends iridium yesterday and it started to kind of blow out when I tried to add a solo setting with a lot of gain and volume from another pedal pushing it. Does anyone else have this problem?

ButchR

Komet Player
Platinum Supporting Member
I got to use a friends iridium yesterday and it started to kind of blow out when I tried to add a solo setting with a lot of gain and volume from another pedal pushing it. Does anyone else have this problem?

The only time I noticed it was when I had delay and reverb before the Iridium. If I put it after it works fine.

ButchR

Komet Player
Platinum Supporting Member
I don't think there is any difference. But instead of the Iridium being last in the chain, my Big Sky is last. So it would be Drive pedals into Iridium, Iridium into my Timeline then into Big Sky and then out to your monitors. I use a direct box between the Big Sky and the board or whatever I am connecting to.

Deadpool_25

I’m running three gain pedals into my Iridium: Archer, Bonsai, BEOD Deluxe. Only two at a time but I haven’t noticed any negative effects so far. I haven’t been exactly cranking the pedals but have had them set to noon without any issues.

MagnumSSS

Well I tried my Iridium for a few days and I just can’t get it to sound good into Logic or even using my recording headphones via the headphone jack. I also realized that I would need to run parallel stereo outs to still run my two Princeton Reverbs for my stage sound. Can’t do it. Others got good tones but I guess I am just not capable of it. Oh well. Returning it.

dyldog

Kinda jealous at you guys over there in the US! Iridium is hard to get over here in Europe, for now. Nobody seems to have it, Thomann even removed it from their site. :(
Patience is gold, it seems...
Until then, I'll just keep drooling over these threads
Strymon customer support told me yesterday that European retailers can expect Iridium to arrive around March, and maybe a little sooner if you've preordered.

The shop I preordered from told me they hope to get theirs by the end of December, but that's not looking good. Starting to think about cancelling my order and arranging to get one in the US next time I'm there.

dmutter

Strymon customer support told me yesterday that European retailers can expect Iridium to arrive around March, and maybe a little sooner if you've preordered.

The shop I preordered from told me they hope to get theirs by the end of December, but that's not looking good. Starting to think about cancelling my order and arranging to get one in the US next time I'm there.
It's even backed up in the US (one retailer told me they had pre-orders in the triple digits!) They can't make them fast enough to keep up. It's a good problem, but sure does stretch a guitarists patience!

Pax

Silver Supporting Member

It's even backed up in the US (one retailer told me they had pre-orders in the triple digits!) They can't make them fast enough to keep up. It's a good problem, but sure does stretch a guitarists patience!
I was going to order from Sweetwater, but they've been waiting for product for a couple of weeks. Ordered yesterday directly from Strymon and it's already shipped.

dyldog

I see you're in Canada — do you know if Strymon ships from within Canada when you order directly from strymon.net, or are you subject to customs fees?

dmutter

I see you're in Canada — do you know if Strymon ships from within Canada when you order directly from strymon.net, or are you subject to customs fees?
As far as I know you are always subject to paying duty when bringing any goods across the border. There are exemptions though for certain things, including if you travel and are away for certain periods of time.

I have family in the USA. I usually buy most things online (including the Iridium) and have them shipped to my family's address and bring it back after a visit. If I stay for a few days, we easily get enough of an exemption to bring back our purchases duty free, legally.

DanR

I was going to order from Sweetwater, but they've been waiting for product for a couple of weeks. Ordered yesterday directly from Strymon and it's already shipped.
I ordered one from Sweetwater. After a week of "they're not in yet, any day now," I cancelled the order and ordered from Vintage King. I had it the next day.

Nota

I'll probably wait for the big box though
Is there definitely going to be a big box version?

I've been doing the same thing as the Iridium for years with my Ethos. It has two loops, way more tonal options, a built-in 30W amp I use on every gig, defeatable cab sim, normal outputs, two channels, a boost, and it's completely analog. Wondering what the big box version could do to top this :)

slowerhand

Silver Supporting Member
Is there definitely going to be a big box version?

I've been doing the same thing as the Iridium for years with my Ethos. It has two loops, way more tonal options, a built-in 30W amp I use on every gig, defeatable cab sim, normal outputs, two channels, a boost, and it's completely analog. Wondering what the big box version could do to top this :)
Note definitely. Pure speculation. :) It makes sense to me though, given they can barely make these fast enough.

I'll check out that Ethos.

McBrain

I just got a reply from Strymon about a thing that was bugging me. Is the power amp emulation tied to the preamp emulation in the amp section of the pedal? The answer was yes.

So when plugged into the fx return of an amp, you will still have the power amp emulation running, resulting in emulated power amp + real power amp, even if you select the Cab Bypass mode. I haven't heard anyone complain about it yet, so I guess it's not a problem. I plan to run it through my Line6 Powercab 112 Plus, so not really an issue for me.

Anyone tried it through the fx loop return of a tube amp? How did it sound?

Dominik

I just got a reply from Strymon about a thing that was bugging me. Is the power amp emulation tied to the preamp emulation in the amp section of the pedal? The answer was yes.

So when plugged into the fx return of an amp, you will still have the power amp emulation running, resulting in emulated power amp + real power amp, even if you select the Cab Bypass mode. I haven't heard anyone complain about it yet, so I guess it's not a problem.
I have a feeling Strymon will address this with a firmware update assigning it to a secondary function holding down both buttons and turning one of the knobs left or right to disable/enable power amp simulation.

Many will want to run this into the effects return of an amp to power cabinets and see no need to double up with power amp simulation so it makes perfect sense to add a function to disable it.

Trending Topics