Strymon- it's on!

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
So far the only revised version that interests me is the Lex. I have the v1 Lex, Deco, and El Capistan currently.

Cosmo-D

Silver Supporting Member
I'm glad the v2 El Cap has nothing new I would need. Now maybe I can find a v1 for a reasonable price.

baybruin

Silver Supporting Member
I am really curious how the JFET front end impacts the “feel” of the pedals if anyone has received a V2 yet and compared it to a V1
I think this is what I’m experiencing. Nothing major, but feels warmer/more natural. Again, YMMV & may be my excitement speaking.
Does the tap tempo button still kill the repeats? Is the spring reverb only on repeats (like it was on the previous version) or does it actually effect the dry signal?
nope! that’s one of the best things about it that they’re not saying is an “upgrade.” maybe because it’ll make the old version seem “flawed”?

mouth

nope! that’s one of the best things about it that they’re not saying is an “upgrade.” maybe because it’ll make the old version seem “flawed”?

I'm sorry, is that nope on both? The tap tempo button doesn't kill the repeats?
Or nope, the reverb now affects the dry signal and not just the repeats?
Either of these is a pretty solid change IMO. Maybe not a huge change, but a solid one for sure.

baybruin

Silver Supporting Member
I'm sorry, is that nope on both? The tap tempo button doesn't kill the repeats?
Or nope, the reverb now affects the dry signal and not just the repeats?
Either of these is a pretty solid change IMO. Maybe not a huge change, but a solid one for sure.
my bad, the dry signal repeat thing. when you tap it behaves/sounds like an analog delay.

EDIT: the spring is (as it was on v1) on dry and wet signals, but it’s possible to turn repeats way off/down and almost get a spring reverb sound “only.”

Last edited:

jonthomas83

Just got my DIG v2 and it sounds equally as good as my recordings of v1. Feels great, like v1 and overall, it's just great to have it back in the collection.

I'm a set and forget kind of guy and I had an irrational reluctance to change settings once I'd found something I liked on the pedal, before. That has all changed now due to presets and I'm just really happy about that. I've started using it for songs I never thought I would because it sounds great at the settings I hadn't tried. I know, I'm very weird. But that's me, I'm afraid.

I'm very happy with this one.

Attachments

• PXL_20220630_155030311.jpg
    PXL_20220630_155030311.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 41

Big Monk

Formerly EpiLP1985
Silver Supporting Member
Now you guys have done. I was good. I was fine.

Now I’m one person away from saying the new Flint and El-Cap sound just like the old ones from buying both and getting into MIDI.

Thanks guys….

Trending Topics

Top Bottom