Strymon- it's on!

CardiacKid

Silver Supporting Member
They are still anodized but bead blasted before. It's a more consistent finish for us and it's been on everything since Riverside.
That bead blasted finish prior to the anodizing looks great. First thing I noticed when I got the Volante and saw the new drives - super sleak.

CaliCaveMan

Gold Supporting Member
Anyone know the proper trs to midi pinout settings? I made a type A version trs to midi but it’s not working. I don’t want to buy a Strymon proprietary cable.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Is there any specific difference visually to identify the new Flint in a picture (besides the jacks)?

CardiacKid

Silver Supporting Member
Is there any specific difference visually to identify the new Flint in a picture (besides the jacks)?
Will be difficult to tell in lower quality images, but it appears as if this entire run has changed to a beadblasted rather than polished aluminum prior to anodizing. On the flint, the finish will (or at least should - can confirm when mine arrives in a few days) look slightly texturized and much more like the Iridium and midnight pedals black than the original smooth anodized black.

Boxy

I was surprised yesterday to see a Flint in the Emporium at a lower-than-usual price. Seems like that'll be much more common from this point in time forward!

Just having the mono/stereo input switch external rather than an internal dip switch is such a huge benefit. Want.

Can't wait to see the next gen big boxes too!
Glad I waited on buying my"Flint".

fanord

I want the Lex. I didn’t buy the first version since it didn’t have a Dry knob. I did try the pedal a few times and liked how it sounds. However I found the effect too much for my taste. Sometimes it’s nice to have just a very subtle effect with some dry mixed in. I’m interested to know whether the new Dry knob would do the trick for me. I’m concerned since it appears that at maximum you can “only” get 50% dry signal.

I was so much hoping for stereo panning for the Flint. Strymon could have added a sixth knob (stereo pan) to the Flint. All other v2 pedals have six knobs now.. (All V1 pedals had five knobs, Lex had four.)
Seems strange to me. However I’m sure they had their reasons and maybe stereo panning is something that only few of us find it appealing.

From Lex’s manual:
DRY
”Dry is off at the minimum setting and blended 50/50 with the effect signal at maximum.“

mouth

you know what, i think you’re right. i think what i’m thinking of is in v1 you can’t dial the delay completely out

You guys are right, reverb isn't applied to repeats only. I guess I was confused because you need to have repeats (on the previous version) to have the reverb and I rarely use it. I guess we can chuck that up as a good change on the new version as well.

Lution

Did they get rid of the slight tone-suck on the El Cap with this latest version? I ended up getting rid of mine after I heard the difference.

brs928

Silver Supporting Member
They are still anodized but bead blasted before. It's a more consistent finish for us and it's been on everything since Riverside.
Thanks for the clarification! I thought they were all painted now because I saw on the page for the midnight pedals it said "paint it black".

Trending Topics

Top Bottom