Strymon- it's on!

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
Really cool update / upgrade.
I like it - very nice.
Increased price jump is pretty high in my opinion but yes I also get inflation.

My only real interest lies in the DIG upgrades.
I personally am most excited about the presets and JFET preamp. The tone control is a nice touch too.

I am curious how the JFET preamp will translate and be worth the upgrade as that would be the one who pushes me over the edge. I’m fine with 2 presets (w/ a fav switch) and I don’t use midi and the tone knob isn’t enough for me to pay price upgrade.

I wonder if old version will still be available for current sales?

Last edited:

zakkrhoads

Are the algos updated? I mean... after de UAD pedals (specially de Golden reverb) and Meris I thought that Strymon would update de sounds/power processing.

Abandoned

Worship Guitarist
Silver Supporting Member
Volante looks like the only one that took a price jump that’s a part of the more recent strymon line.

Mark Al

Getting ready for the strymon v1 purge on reverb as everyone attempts to buy the v2, lol
Nope, I will be holding onto my v1 models, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

The v1 models are true classics, El Capistan, DIG, Flint etcs, they have more than proved themselves both in studio and on stages. They are truly phenomenon and will remains so.

Personally, I think these new versions are the results of parts (semi-conductor etc) shortage, such that Strymon can no longer produce the V1 models as before and they had to change components, the DSP, the input section etc.... Of course, all the changes will be touted as upgrades, mixed with some actual functional upgrades (extra buttons, midi etc), to justify the price hike which is largely due to inflation. It feels like the typical stick and carrot product strategy....

So I am hoping the V2 models are as good as V1, but make no mistake the V1 models are every bit as good as before, and they now seriously look like bargains, both in new and used market.

On the other hand, it takes time for V2 models to proves themselves to be as worthy.

D4vidgd

David
Silver Supporting Member
Not everyone needs 300 presets or midi, so not impressed by the price jump.

And I am a little concerned about the new JFET input, it remains to be seen how well it works. The current Strymon pedal's buffer/ADT is among the best, after being through many buffers, it's just a perfect balance of feeling natural without being overly bright. I have been through a bunch fancy buffers touted with high quality JFET input sections etc, none of them feel as good.... So let's see.

The only things that's (mildly) attractive to me is the dedicated button for Spring Reverb on the El Cap and dedicated tone control on the DIG, but then again I rarely use them in reality...

Haven't they held the same price for like 12 years?

LaXu

Interested to hear if the new ones sound better than the old ones. I think the upgrades make them a lot more useful, especially the Blue Sky now seems a lot like a curated mini Nightsky in many ways but is probably not as ambient.

Glad I sold my Flint before these were released. I always wanted MIDI from it so if I wanted another one it would definitely be the new iteration.

relix63

Gold Supporting Member
These changes won't really impact my current set up but it is nice to have midi if I choose to go down that path later. My old Flint will work just fine for now.

losrogers

For sale:
20220116_161300.jpg

just kidding

Think I'll get (another) Riverside, regret selling that one, and an updated blueSky for puroStrymondigitalsheen

Trending Topics

Top Bottom