Strymon- it's on!

fanord

There have been some reporting that the ADT (analog dry through) of these new V2 pedals is much better and more clear.

I bought my V1 Dig brand new in April 2022. I’m usually very sensitive with this stuff but I don’t hear any difference going straight to the amp or speakers versus having the Dig in the chain. So I haven’t heard any quality issues with the ADT.
(I use the Dig with my electric and acoustic guitar.)

I don’t own any of the V2 pedals. Would be nice to compare Dig V1 to the new Dig V2.
I have the Zelzah which is quite identical in terms of specs with the new V2 pedals. I would imagine the ADT performance to be quite similar with the V2 pedals. Sounds good and I have zero complaints about the ADT.

Could it be that the ADT has improved for the V1 pedals as well? Maybe all components used in a 2015 version of a Dig are not the same as in a 2022 version.

I’ll need to do some more testing for sure. So far I’m unable to criticize the ADT performance of my Dig V1 (bought new in 2022) or my Zelzah.

Mark Al

There have been some reporting that the ADT (analog dry through) of these new V2 pedals is much better and more clear.

I bought my V1 Dig brand new in April 2022. I’m usually very sensitive with this stuff but I don’t hear any difference going straight to the amp or speakers versus having the Dig in the chain. So I haven’t heard any quality issues with the ADT.
(I use the Dig with my electric and acoustic guitar.)

I don’t own any of the V2 pedals. Would be nice to compare Dig V1 to the new Dig V2.
I have the Zelzah which is quite identical in terms of specs with the new V2 pedals. I would imagine the ADT performance to be quite similar with the V2 pedals. Sounds good and I have zero complaints about the ADT.

Could it be that the ADT has improved for the V1 pedals as well? Maybe all components used in a 2015 version of a Dig are not the same as in a 2022 version.

I’ll need to do some more testing for sure. So far I’m unable to criticize the ADT performance of my Dig V1 (bought new in 2022) or my Zelzah.
I compared DID V1 and V2 ADT, and yes, V2 is brighter/clearer, with less high end loss.

kingdavidy2k

I have the V1 & V2 DIG side by side. V2 repeats sounds a bit meh for me... doesn't have same punch like the V1 and the same with the modulation.

Plus just confirmed by Strymon that changing MIDI Time Clock will make the ramping up sounds like an analog delay which makes changing MIDI Time Clock in between songs pretty unusable.

sunburster

I have the V1 & V2 DIG side by side. V2 repeats sounds a bit meh for me... doesn't have same punch like the V1 and the same with the modulation.

Interesting! The V1 is already barely "punchy" (or percussive) enough IMO, so a less punchy version is not something I'm interested in.

Mark Al

Plus just confirmed by Strymon that changing MIDI Time Clock will make the ramping up sounds like an analog delay which makes changing MIDI Time Clock in between songs pretty unusable.
That was not my observation..... however, note: DIG V1 and V2 has different mix tapers, you will need to turn mix on V2 higher to match V1.

flatulentmatt

If it's in between songs, you wouldn't be playing correct? So that would mean no signal through the unit which in turn would mean no ramping up sound. It would only do that if you were playing when you sent a tempo change.

ScienceFriction

Silver Supporting Member
I grabbed a Deco V2 and I love it. Doesn’t sound “digital” to me at all. There’s not many v2 demos out atm, and not many in general that demonstrate how good it is at stuff like Clapton’s ADT on WMGGW, or tape flanging like on Small Faces Itchycoo Park. I love the saturation, and the tone control being easily accessible helps a ton. I wish the TZF had as gnarly and static-y of a zero point as the Paradox but I like how tape like it is. I didn’t own a Deco V1, so can’t say how it compares. The v2 is worth the money IME.

Crimson Queen

Silver Supporting Member
There was a pedal show this weekend in Montreal. The complete Strymon line was there. I tried them all yesterday.

I will be getting a Lex v2. I had the v1, but always found it "filtered" the sound too much, like most rotary pedals. The Dry knob changes everthing. The extra controls are nice too.

addisonnyle

Silver Supporting Member
Wondering if there are people who didnt jive with the El Cap v1 but have tried v2 and are liking it more

I just got a V2 El Cap Friday and so far this has been my experience. I’ve owned a few V1’s and never could get along with them, they always felt a bit flat to me for a lack of a better way of putting it. It’s been so long since I’ve had a V1 though so it could just be what I want to hear or “tonal maturity”, but it’s been really enjoyable so far.

caspersvapors

Silver Supporting Member
I just got a V2 El Cap Friday and so far this has been my experience. I’ve owned a few V1’s and never could get along with them, they always felt a bit flat to me for a lack of a better way of putting it. It’s been so long since I’ve had a V1 though so it could just be what I want to hear or “tonal maturity”, but it’s been really enjoyable so far.
This is encouraging. I felt the same way about v1 after owning it twice

Couloirman

Silver Supporting Member
Had flint v1 when it first came out and was very underwhelmed. Haven't thought about it again until now. Got a v2 at launch and am absolutely loving it. Don't have any recent point of reference but wow, I either drastically misjudged the old one, or this new one is just fire. Either way, happy guy here. Flint V2 and El Cap V1 side by side on my small board right now and no regrets

Trending Topics

Top Bottom