Strymon joining the Amp Modeling Fray (Iridium)

Hank Habanero

I'm not interested in the slightest, since I prefer an all in one solution, or at least something close to it (I do have a few pedals in front of my Kemper), but this is a well thought out product. It pretty much looks like a modern take on the Sansamp, with the added benefit of probably sounding good (I can't stand the sound of Sansamps myself). These will sell!

LaXu

Will be probably confused with the BluGuitar Amp 1 Iridium Edition...

I expect it will not be as good as the top dogs and will be expensive as well. If it's unique enough it might find its place in the market considering it's a good fit into a pedalboard for its size.

JScaster

And they are welcomed to join as far as I’m concerned, big Strymon fan.I love their pedals.

I’m very curious to see how it sounds, and specially how it interacts with real analog drive pedals (Here’s something I’m not completely sold with other units on the market).

phil_m

Supporting Member
I've seriously been expecting them to release this pedal for like three years or so. They've had a prototype of something like this for quite a long time. I'm surprised it doesn't have spring and plate reverbs, in a sense. If it can do a 500ms room reverb, that could get some interesting ambience, I suppose. I wonder if it will have the same MIDI functionality that the Sunset and Riverside do.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Supporting Member
I've seriously been expecting them to release this pedal for like three years or so. They've had a prototype of something like this for quite a long time. I'm surprised it doesn't have spring and plate reverbs, in a sense. If it can do a 500ms room reverb, that could get some interesting ambience, I suppose. I wonder if it will have the same MIDI functionality that the Sunset and Riverside do.
It seems weird that Strymon would release a modeling unit without at least some of their "legendary" reverbs bundled. It'll be cool to see how it shakes out either way.

Watt McCo

Yeah, this is specifically for the guy that wants a direct "solution" while still running his pedal board. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even bother with dual output, one with IR, one without.
It'll have a blackface deluxe reverb, a vox, and a Plexi, and it'll cost more than a Firebox. But it'll also be way more intuitive than the firebox, I'm sure. But three amps. Yawn.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Supporting Member
Yeah, this is specifically for the guy that wants a direct "solution" while still running his pedal board. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even bother with dual output, one with IR, one without.
It'll have a blackface deluxe reverb, a vox, and a Plexi, and it'll cost more than a Firebox. But it'll also be way more intuitive than the firebox, I'm sure. But three amps. Yawn.
But will it have a linux bluetooth editor?

FlyingsCool

It seems weird that Strymon would release a modeling unit without at least some of their "legendary" reverbs bundled. It'll be cool to see how it shakes out either way.
My bet would be available processing power.... to get their "legendary" sound on the big boys, they probably use a good portion of the DSP power that they would no longer have as much to play with after the amp modeling is set up.

Hoth

Silver Supporting Member
Definitely interested in this if it can beat out my Amplifire Box for sound and is priced in the ballpark. I love the Riverside and Sunset.

Trending Topics