1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Strymon Lex Rotary-First Impressions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by frankiestarr, May 19, 2011.

1. frankiestarr

frankiestarr Member

Just got mine today, I have been waiting a long time. In a nut shell, It's great and I'm loving it. It's not totally transparent, but neither is a Leslie. It sounds so much like a Leslie...Totally user friendly, and enough parameters for the tweak geeks. Sounds great with drive too. The on board pre-amp drive is subtle, but very realistic too. If you ever played through a real Leslie, they are very raw, and get nasty when pushed...The Lex isn't quite as nasty, but that's a good thing. You really can't make this baby sound bad...I'm looking forward to taking it on the gig. In a two guitar band, sometimes things get a little static with straight sounds. Something like this is a great tool to get a little variety. I have the El Cap too. The Strymon stuff is some of the best ever IMO. Thanks Strymon. :band:phones

2. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

I'm stuck here at work...and my Lex is waiting patiently at home for me to open up. Doh!!

3. Ekluksdahl

Ekluksdahl Member

Yep, huge Strymon fan here too!! Love their stuff!!!

4. SkippyD

SkippyD Member

Mine came yesterday...spent two hours in swirly tonal bliss(try it stereo into two amps!!!!). My only use of a real Leslie was from a studio session 10 or more years ago, and from what I remember, this is as close as I have found to that sound and feel.