Strymon Q's

charley

Gold Supporting Member
Hi all.

I have a Mobius, Timeline, and Flint on my board. I would love it if there was a way to tap a tempo and have it simultaneously sync all my Strymon pedals. Is this possible?

crxshdxmmy

Anybody know if I can plug all 3 STrymon pedals in at once (Timeline, Mobius, Flint)? It looks like there is only 1 MIDI out...

Thanks!
Chain the pedals together with MIDI cables, set them to MIDI THRU in the menu, attach the smart tap and you're in business.

Plus, if you have any pedals that can take 1/4" tap (like the Flint), you can sync those up, too. And have presets.

Last edited:

strymonhugo

Hi all.

I have a Mobius, Timeline, and Flint on my board. I would love it if there was a way to tap a tempo and have it simultaneously sync all my Strymon pedals. Is this possible?
If you are not planning on tweaking parameter settings on the pedals themselves during your performances and using just the saved preset settings of the Mobius and TimeLine, you can set the MIDI CT parameter to ON in the first pedal in this MIDI chain and connect the MIDI OUT from that pedal into the MIDI IN of the next one to control the TAP tempo on both pedals with the TAP switch of the first pedal. Keep in mind that adjusting parameters on the first pedal will also adjust parameters on the second pedal that correspond to the same MIDI CC's.

As the Flint does not have MIDI, this will not work for that pedal as it requires an external tap switch to control the Tremolo Speed.

We have also seen others use a single Tap switch to control 2 Strymon pedals successfully using a single TRS cable that has been split tying the Tips and Rings together for an additional connector to the 2nd pedal. You can try this to see if a 3rd connection will work to control all 3.

charley

Gold Supporting Member
If you are not planning on tweaking parameter settings on the pedals themselves during your performances and using just the saved preset settings of the Mobius and TimeLine, you can set the MIDI CT parameter to ON in the first pedal in this MIDI chain and connect the MIDI OUT from that pedal into the MIDI IN of the next one to control the TAP tempo on both pedals with the TAP switch of the first pedal. Keep in mind that adjusting parameters on the first pedal will also adjust parameters on the second pedal that correspond to the same MIDI CC's.

As the Flint does not have MIDI, this will not work for that pedal as it requires an external tap switch to control the Tremolo Speed.

We have also seen others use a single Tap switch to control 2 Strymon pedals successfully using a single TRS cable that has been split tying the Tips and Rings together for an additional connector to the 2nd pedal. You can try this to see if a 3rd connection will work to control all 3.

Awesome! Thanks.

charley

Gold Supporting Member
Can anybody recommend a good MIDI cable? How many pins? I am brand new to MIDI....Thanks!

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
Can anybody recommend a good MIDI cable? How many pins? I am brand new to MIDI....Thanks!
5-pin cables are standard. MIDI generally only uses two pins (4 and 5) but there are rare cases when you need them all. There are lots of options out there for MIDI cables, do a little digging and you'll find a range of prices from $2 to $30. If you want really pro quality you can invest in some nice cables with metal plugs, but if you're just playing in Madison Square Bedroom then molded types will be fine.

jurfin

Anybody know if I can plug all 3 STrymon pedals in at once (Timeline, Mobius, Flint)? It looks like there is only 1 MIDI out...

Thanks!
this should be no problem - as explained above. you would have several ways you could do it actually.

1 - you could get a midi splitter Y cable that would send that one midi output to the two devices, and then the standard 1/4 inch to the flint.

2 - you could use the midi through option on your TL or mobius, and plug the cable into one, using the out from it to plug into the mobius

3 - it looks like it has 2 1/4 inch outputs, so you could use the midi for one of the big pedals, and then plug a 1/4 inch into the other big one, and the other 1/4 inch into the flint.

hope that helps!

StepAudio

Here's a vid I made that shows how to set up the Strymon pedals for use with a MIDI controller that sends out MIDI Clock:

It also explains how to daisy chain them together.

.:. Bill

StepAudio

there is no logical explanation
Here's the logic:

Set the MIDI Out jacks to THRU as shown in the vid.

Send the MIDI Out of one pedal into the MIDI In of the next pedal. That's called "daisy chaining"

Please let me know if you have other questions.

.:. Bill

Trending Topics