Strymon Reverb Owners....Chime In

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mikef09, May 31, 2015.

1. mikef09

mikef09 Member

I recently got rid of my Big Sky since I only used 2 or 3 presets and am looking for something to replace it. The "Moria Mines" preset was my favorite. Would the '80s Reverb in the Flint be able to get that tone?

2. mikef09

mikef09 Member

3. MikeMountain

MikeMountain Member

I've not played the Big Sky specifically, but I've played the Blue Sky, the Flint, and the WET, and the 80's setting on the Flint is possibly the best reverb I've ever heard. It's tonally similar to the WET (if you've played that), though not identical, the decay on the Flint is more natural. Also, the color knob is very useful, and the slight pre-delay with subtle modulation on the 80's verb is perfect. I'm sure it will not be identical the the Big Sky, as many people have actually tried to do the reverse of what you want to do (get the 80's verb sound with the Big Sky), and you can get close but not spot-on. You may like the 80's verb just as much or more though, it's definitely great for big, super ambient reverb, and the stereo field is HUGE.

mikef09 likes this.
  4. Dr Slapstick

Dr Slapstick Member

I own both the BigSky and the Flint- the 80's preset on the Flint will give you a lot of really cool long-tailed sounds. If all you're looking for is more "normal" reverb sounds (or the 80's turned up super long) the Flint should be all you need. I use a lot more presets, so the BigSky is staying on my board, but I still have the favorite on the Flint set to the 80's verb.

mikef09 and scolfax like this.
  5. mikef09

mikef09 Member

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it!