• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Strymon - Silent Switching?

methc

When did Strymon start making their pedals (Blue Sky in particular) with 'silent switching'?

succor

Sorry I don't have info on the BlueSky specifically, but if the El Capistan and Lex upgrades are any indication, it would have been in May 2012.

El Capistan has:
- Serial number higher than S12-50000
- Non-click footswitches
- Internal jumper allowing for selectable TRS stereo input

El Capistan mono input (discontinued) has:
- Serial number lower than S12-50000
- Footswitches with an audible click when pressed
- No internal jumper

http://www.strymon.net/faq/what-is-the-difference-between-el-capistan-and-el-capistan-mono-input/
http://www.strymon.net/faq/what-is-the-difference-between-lex-and-lex-mono-input/

jason41224

since when did the blue sky get silent swithces? that'd be news to me. i thought only the El Cap and Brig got them (along with the TRS stereo input)

methc

I emailed Strymon on it. I just wanted to get an idea since I was in the market for a BSR. Yea, I WAS in the market, I just got one off eBay for 280. Dude had it for about a year on his board. Mint condition with adapter, box, paper work and the rest of bits. A little velcro residue and a little wear.

Meantime if anyone knows the answer to this shoot... I'll obviously post back once Strymon support responds.

succor

From what I read it's a good thing?
Silent switches? Yes, I like them a lot better. It was an often-requested feature for the Strymon pedals and it was cool that they implemented them. The year-old unit you've just purchased almost certainly has the older switches. That's why I was asking.

methc

I figured it'll be the older switches but that's fine. In a live setting a lite pop when you engage a pedal is fine. Thanks for the reply

crxshdxmmy

I'd love to have silent switches... just for the sake of consistency. 3 Strymon pedals on my board and the BSR is the only one w/out the soft switches.

methc

I'd love to have silent switches... just for the sake of consistency. 3 Strymon pedals on my board and the BSR is the only one w/out the soft switches.
True... It would be nice but for me it's not something to cry over. I really don't hear the pops on my monitor and I'm sure its not noticeable from FOH.

I take advantage of the drummer also...

BTW, I'm subscribed to your Youtube.

crxshdxmmy

True... It would be nice but for me it's not something to cry over. I really don't hear the pops on my monitor and I'm sure its not noticeable from FOH.

I take advantage of the drummer also...

BTW, I'm subscribed to your Youtube.
Thanks! And yeah — not a huge deal, but it would be nice. I'd definitely consider doing it if they offered it free/cheap.

methc

I'd definitely consider doing it if they offered it free/cheap.
Do what? mod the pedal to silent switching? I read on their forum they said they can't mod the older pedals. Parts not interchangeable or something like that...

methc

I just got a reply from Strymon. They asked NOT to post the info to forums but I figure this info is important to potential Strymon owners. It's good info to have and know.

In short Strymon has been making silent switching pedals for about 4 months now, it's an approximate time.

Trending Topics