Strymon, speculation and hopes.

Please post what you would think, and what might be a cool pedal for you?

Just seeing if anyone aggress this would be a good idea. Seeing that we all watched damage control evolve into strymon becoming one of the leaders in product quality and branding for pedals. they haven't released one bad or tacky product yet!

I really hope to see (and slightly speculate) for strymon to release, because they would be instant successes.
Volume pedal
Pitch based pedal
Amp Modeling

The volume pedal would be awesome, because no one has done it completely right yet. Most of everything on the market is useless sonically, and or pretty ugly. Also could switch and or function that has expression

Pitch pedal, lots of kids are using them, I personally have to use a whammy for a few tunes with the new group i travel for. Something that could stand alone and have an expression pedal out ;).

Amp modeling, they know how to make algorithms, so id imagine they would get this one right two. Something maybe in the timeline size.

Other ideas that would be cool in my eyes, but maybe not have huge market for are..

Bluesky, more functions, better sounds
Overdrive​

A bluesky with slightly updated algorithms, with more presets. Again not a huge demand for that. Dont get me wrong the current blue sky is awesome, I basically had one the month they were out, but after a while I started to notice that i didn't
like the sounds as much as i thought. The shimmer is not really all that great imo. Especially when i borrowed a flint for a few weeks i noticed that i didn't like the blue sky as much. The flint verbs were so great.

Overdrive would be cool, it would most likely would be analog, which im sure they would be great at, but they only sell one analog product as of now. I dont know it might even be cool to see a take on something like the old line 6 dm4 (i think thats what it was called.

If they did some of those ideas and made an all in one guitar super computer, that was foot controlled, it would probably be a hit. While most of the time i do consider those tacky (only when im listening with my eyes though, which from time to time everyone is guilty)

This is all my opinion, and id love to hear some others.

Twinattack

I still think a reverb in the TL/Mobius form, or Skyline, as everyone thinks it should be called, would be their best bet. Given the popularity of the Blue Sky and Flint, as well as the Eventide Space, I'm sure it'd be a hit.

MattNgai

Yea, if they came out with a large verb unit like the Timeline/Mobius, I would be there in a flash.

cosmic_ape

Resident Lefty of Doom
Silver Supporting Member
A multi reverb pedal sounds like the obvious next step. I would love to see their take on a whammy pedal!

voorhiessa

Silver Supporting Member
I'd like to see a fuzz + dirt combo--flint styled.

Fuzz: fuzzface, muff, tonebender
Dirt: transparent, tubescreamer, rat

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
Multi-reverb for me, too, please. If they DO release a multi-verb, think it should/would have the trems from the Flint? (The Eventide Space did)

That harmonic tremolo is the business.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Actually, I'm surprised or maybe wouldn't be surprised Strymonm hasn't come up with a programmable switcher that is fully MIDI to compete with the likes of CAE, RJM, etc...

And in the same mindset, an expression pedal that is MIDI capable for more controlling options.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
On the same note of MIDI, Strymon should consider MIDI capable effects line in the BlueSky as well as Flint. That's probably in the works anyhow. I'm sure they are exploring the full line of the Damage Control products to the eventual Strymon line.

Flight1311

Strymon has done reverb and delay - I'd like to see them come out with something different. Would love a small footprint stand alone Phaser. Would love to see them take on the Whammy.

slap_back05

If they did something that was Whammy or POG-like, same enclosure as the Flint/Blue Sky, I would be all over that. Maybe a POG + Reverb/Delay (layed out like the Flint).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom