Strymon Stereo Appreciation

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RevelBandGuitar, Apr 18, 2015.

1. RevelBandGuitar

RevelBandGuitar Member

So today, I decided to give my Bigsky and Möbius a whirl in stereo. Left was an M12 head w/ 112 cab and right was DRRI. Let me just say, these things sound incredible in Stereo! A mild detune into a washy plate 'verb is just the most beautiful dreampop sound in stereo. Anyone else loving the Strymon stuff in stereo? They seem to come alive in a big way.

2. earwax

earwax Member

I recently sold my Timeline and bought an El Capistan because I wanted to have multi head mode and pretty much everything else on the timeline was handled better by my other delays. Really liking the el cap. The multi head mode is pretty great in stereo as well.

3. codetocontra

codetocontra Member

Snarky comment warning:
    I would appreciate if the Flint did stereo panning since it is a tremolo with stereo outs. :bonk

4. earwax

earwax Member

Yeah. You have to get a mobius for that. Kind of sucks.

If you can try a supa trem 2 the stereo is awesome.

5. S. F. Sorrow

S. F. Sorrow Member

Just put the El Cap > Mobius in stereo a few days ago. The most stunning was the Rotary (Leslie). The Mobius is probably the most dynamic Strymon for stereo.

6. mrbluetone

mrbluetone Member

The DECO sounds wonderful in wide mode in stereo

Sunstone Recordings likes this.
  7. e???

e??? Member

It does suck that you can't do stereo panning with the flint. I've been on a trem search for a couple months, trying out everything I can. The flint and the supatrem 2 are my favorites, but it looks like the supa is gonna win because it's got tap tempo built in (flints is an extra 50 $ attach box), and the cool stereo panning, and it's analog. It sucks cause the flint is a seriously awesome machine though, such a fun thing to play with, and reverbs! I want both... And a deco :)

8. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

i have the timeline>Bigsky>flint>stereo WET combo all in stereo.

when i play in stereo instead of mono (mainly mono coz I'm lazy), it is superb!!

9. RevelBandGuitar

RevelBandGuitar Member

A nice, slow rotary setting on the Möbius is stunning. It just sounds absolutely huge.

10. Gillespie1983

Gillespie1983 Member

last 2 pedals in my chain are El Capistan then Blue SkyReverb. To switch from mono signal to stereo. I simply do this:

Add a patch cable from el Capistan Rt output to BSR Rt Input. Then add a cable to the second amp from BSR Rt out. And BAZINGA!! Amazing stereo field.

The chorus switch on the BSR can be a beautiful thing, too.

11. DanSimon

DanSimon Member

H9 is also amazing in stereo, some patches u can't fully appreciate without it.

12. Catch

Catch Analog>Digital Converter

Is this a TGP thing now? Do you get points in a club for mentioning the H9 first in a Strymon thread?

I've been running my Strymons in stereo for years. It is only recently that I have played with my El Cap and Deco running mono into my new combo, a Carr Viceroy. It is refreshing to play this way...very direct.

When I use my stereo setup, a Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp and separate stereo power amp (Simul 395), the Strymon effects are at their best, especially the BigSky. That pedal is astounding. I need to try the Deco in this setup, just got it so have not tried the wide stereo mode.

13. Class5

Class5 Member

This! A '59 Bassman and a TRRI together with the Deco is awesome!

:JAM