Strymon Timeline - Amazing or what?!?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brand0nized, Feb 7, 2012.

1. brand0nized

brand0nized Member

I just watched a demo video of Strymon's Timeline and I have to admit I fell in love with the pedal. It sounds so amazing and I can just imagine the ENDLESS possibilities with this thing!

http://youtu.be/9QtGYGRdqms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG07yjg1lTM&feature=colike

Has anyone ever tried this delay pedal? What are your thoughts/reactions to this?

I think I'm going to invest in one in the waay future for sure!

2. grozeil

grozeil Member

Have a look on the forum function search, there are tons of discussion about the TL. Long story short, everyone who bought it think it's awesome.

3. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

hahaha........ WELCOME........ to the home of many timeline threads and owners!!!!!:rotflmao

I think a few people have tried it......

4. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

Yes... but at the same time lots have sold them too. I am for one who thought it was and is awesome as well. Definitely IMO the most creative cool sounding mega delay out there. It's so fun and so cool to be sure.
    In the end it was just too much for what I'd practically use. Still very cool though.

5. tochiro

tochiro Member

Not amazing in mono but nice in stereo. I think people's expectations are too high for this pedal because the sound in the videos is processed.

6. TheRiotTapes

TheRiotTapes Senior Member

Have to disagree. Amazing in Mono, extra amazing in stereo. Not too complex either, but you need to read the manual and spend 4-5 hours playing with it. After that is as simple as making presets and gigging, though a DMC is useful!

7. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Member

the expectations were pretty high (maybe even unreasonably high) and Strymon had a hand in it, too ... BUT, it is amazing nonetheless.

8. teleclem

teleclem Member

+1. It's pretty intuitive to use (unlike my Eventides haha).