• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

stuck between a phaser and a vibe sound.

mustangman

im stuck with what to get ehtier the Shannon Uni-phase, Retro-sonic phaser, or the Sweet sound mini vibe.
*any one have any ideas or suggestions of whats better and any sound clips of the Shannon?? also does the Shannon uniphase slow down so that when you keep playing chords it phases in and out (dont really know how to describe that haha)

thanks in advance.

Don Rusk

BearFoot FX Owner
Vendor
well I have a MoFaux and its nice and juicy, kind of 2/3 univibe and 1/3 phaser - very useful and small

havent heard the Retro but Im guessin its as tasty as thier chorus and more versatile.....

know knothing ofthe Shannon ....

dividedsky

Love Pedal Magic Boy Vibe

I've owned this pedal, the MoFaux vibe, and the Moon Phaser. Even though Sean says he doesn't like phase and doesn't hear it in this pedal, I do.:YinYang With the internal trim you can get a lot of sounds from this pedal, but there is definitely a sweet spot. You can get the MoFaux sound very easily with this pedal if you adjust the trim, but you can't get the Love Pedal sound out of a MoFaux.

bluescube

Silver Supporting Member
Check out the EHX Worm video in the peter stroud thread. Gonna check one out soon myself.

Bob Sweet

phishmarisol said:
Love Pedal Magic Boy Vibe

I've owned this pedal, the MoFaux vibe, and the Moon Phaser. Even though Sean says he doesn't like phase and doesn't hear it in this pedal, I do.:YinYang With the internal trim you can get a lot of sounds from this pedal, but there is definitely a sweet spot. You can get the MoFaux sound very easily with this pedal if you adjust the trim, but you can't get the Love Pedal sound out of a MoFaux.
Did you try messing with the trim pot on the MoFaux?

Bob Sweet

phishmarisol said:
I didn't know it had one. :(
Yep, on the end of the board that hangs over the speed pot. It's mounted underneath the board, there is a large hole where you adjust it. It's the only hole there.
Adjusting it is VERY touchy though.

fatback

stratnpaul said:
something between phase and vibe...
HBE psilocybe nails that particular tone (and many other tones) to a tee!:dude
The psilocybe gets a BIG +1 from me
:AOK

ahab

Could anyone describe the HBE psilocybe please, I think that this is a pedal that I want but I have not heard one yet.
Thanks
-ahab

fatback said:
The psilocybe gets a BIG +1 from me
:AOK
i've really been thinking about one of these. How is it for slow sounds. sometimes i find the red witch is too subtle for slow (but awsome at medium to fast)

turtleheadblues

Another voye for the Psilocybe......I gigged wth one last night. I just plugged it in and wherever it was set nailed the univibe sound for me. With a little tweaking I got the classic 90 sound. Awesome sounding box.

Priestunes

I have both the Lovepedal and the Retro-sonic. Yesterday I put both to the test, carefully scrutinizing their differences. And they're different enough to keep both. I'm most thrilled, though, with both on at once. With the Retro-sonic's level control, one can pull back the phase effect, and on a slow setting and the Lovepedal at about two o'clcock, it's a spicy blend.

GtrCar5

why not get the Red Witch Moon Phaser, it covers alot of those sounds very well.
I was going to suggest that, I got the Deluxe Moon for the same price as a Moon Phaser and I couldn't be happier with it, incredible sound.

The HBE Psilocybe was incredible as well, I very nearly got that, but the tremophase option on the Red Witch pretty much made it up for me.

Trending Topics