1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Studio Projects T3 or Peluso P12?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by guitarplayer, Feb 10, 2008.

1. guitarplayer

guitarplayer Member

I've actually heard the SP T3 and it sounds really good to my ears. Very open and warm. I have NOT heard the Peluso P12 but I've been reading a lot about it and many reviews say it sounds VERY much like a new C12. I was wondering if anyone who has actually heard it could advise me on whether it is worth the extra money over a SP T3 ~$600 more. Any advice on which one I should go with?

2. guitarplayer

guitarplayer Member

I would use it for vocal and acoustic guitar. The kind of sound/vibe I'm going for is that Norah Jones sound - Smooth, Warm and Detailed. I write/record that kind of music as well as Adam Levy, David Wilcox, type stuff. I'm primarily looking for a vocal and acoustic guitar mic that will give me 1) Warm, 2) Detailed, 3) Smooth and Musical tones. I currently own an NT2, SM57 and octava small diaphram condenser. Would you say the P12 is not as warm as the T3? Are you aware of any sound clips of the Peluso P12? I can't seem to find samples anywhere. I hope this give enough detail for what I'm shooting for. Thanks.