StudioLive recording: please listen

Steve Z

Silver Supporting Member
Cool!

Any external effects/processing or is everything built into the Studiolive?

How about some details... # tracks, etc?

Cheers,
Seve

joel98z

Cool!

Any external effects/processing or is everything built into the Studiolive?

How about some details... # tracks, etc?

Cheers,
Seve
Thanks for the feedback all!

Not sure if this qualifies as external effects, but all effects were added when I mixed it in Studio One with its built-in effects.

Now for the FOH the Studio Live added the effects

It has 4 tracks for drums, 1 Bass, 2 Guitar, 3 Vocal Mics. For the Guitar Solo in 7 Nation I broke it out into a seperates tracks an EQ diffrently than the rythym tracks.

joel98z

good mix! i found the drum reverb/slapback delay distracting though.

Intresting, I did not add any effects other than EQ and compression to the drums.. COuld this be the room, and or bleed over from other Mics causing this? If so is there a good way to correct it or make it less noticeable?

killerburst

killerburstguitars.com
Supporting Member
Sound like the drums are getting picked up by the open vocal mic and you're hearing the slapback for the drums on that channel. Use the gate on the vocal mic channel(s) to minimize the bleed. Is the drummer singing?

Sound like the drums are getting picked up by the open vocal mic and you're hearing the slapback for the drums on that channel. Use the gate on the vocal mic channel(s) to minimize the bleed. Is the drummer singing?
Yeah, this makes sense, it's the same slapback effect that the vocal has (and it sound great on the vocal)

Like killerburst says, gate the vocal reasonably hard and it should clear things up a little.

Trending Topics