Stupid question: Behringer Tube Composer T1952 -- What is it and how can I use it?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by VivaVirilium, Feb 17, 2015.

1. VivaVirilium

VivaVirilium Member

A friend randomly gave me one of these before moving away some time ago -- I never really got around to figuring out how to use it and I am extremely confused as to WHAT its purpose is and HOW I can incorporate it into my rig. I am a guitarist who uses multiple speaker cabs, is there someway I can use the Tube Composer to model the tones I'm getting from my amps as I play/record? Thanks for the help. I am totally unfamiliar with this type of equipment.

2. Chris Martins

Chris Martins Member

It's a compressor. Dual channel. It works well. Not very useful for a guitar rig, very useful in the studio for tracking. I had one. I liked it on vocals and acoustic guitars.

3. mattball826

mattball826 Member

1954, 1952, and especially that 9024 unit were huge in studios and broadcast. was called the "msacs" for "most sought after cheap ****" lol

not bad units for the $. had issues with the lights on the vintage looking units, and the lcd on the 9024 had some issues of lines that went away once warmed up. there were many guys hot rodding these units and making them comparable to very high end gear.