Stupid quick question - using two amps together

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Fusionshred, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Fusionshred

Fusionshred Supporting Member

OK sorry if this is really fundamental but I wanted to couble check that this is OK.

I have two PVC30s. I wanted to run from the first one out through the effects send to a stereo delay and then from the delay one output back to the return of the first amp and the other output to the return of the other amp.

What happens if I do this?

2. bigtone23

bigtone23 Member

That should work just fine.

3. cardinal

cardinal Member

Should be fine. You'll just be running in stereo. You may need to plug a dummy plug into the input of the second amp. Some amps won't output anything unless there's a plug in the input jack.

4. ylo

ylo Member

What happens? Maybe ground loops and hum, bad levels (too hot with clipping or two low with hiss), maybe cancellation from the two amps & speakers out of phase, and maybe tone suck from long cable runs to and from the effect . . . but all of these have solutions, so first off just give it a try.

Is your delay a rack effect? If it is a stompbox, check the amp send level in the manual (probably line level) and whether the delay can run at line level, or again, just give it a try. Don't worry about blowing anything up, just start with the volume controls low.