Stupidest guy here

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by edwarddavis, Oct 16, 2005.

1. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

Ok, heres the deal, I want to record on my PC,

I bought guitar tracks having lots of problems,
    Bought a M- Audio Black box , still had issues and the recording software to me at least was way to hard and I gave up.

What is the best easiest way a idiot can record on his computer.
    I have tried a few things and did not work out.
    Is there a program and a interface for guitar a vocals that even a moron can use. I am not looking to produce a CD just get my ideas on PC and ve able to post them or make a CD .
    Would love gargeband but I don`t have a MAC . Please help a stupid old guy out I can play and sing and writes some good tunes but to stupid to record. PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!:mad:

2. R3deemed

R3deemed Member

Can't help you with recording. I thought this thread was about me. ;)

3. flicker180

flicker180 Member

I'd look for something like a Tascan DP01/FX which has a hard drive and a USB connection but does all of the recording away from the computer. You can set up your tracks, etc. and then send the finals over the computer for effects, etc.

works for me.

dave

4. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

There are very few pc recording programs that are simple. If you think Guitar Tracks is complex try checking out Sonar or any other pro-level DAW software. I've encountered many new users of Cakewalk software that wanted to give up when they first started, myself included, despite the fact I've been recording on magnetic media for 30 years.

Are you aware of the Cakewalk user forums? They're a great resource for newbies, you should check them out, there's a forum for Guitar Tracks.

Chances are, the problems you're having are of a general nature, and anyone with experience using DAW software can probably help. Why not give the braintrusts a whirl? I'll be glad to answer any questions you have, maybe we can get you up and running.

You should start by providing a hardware profile of your computer and soundcard, then tell us where you're having specific problems.

5. Gerry

Gerry Guest

6. jreardon

jreardon Member

I'm a bit of a luddite and yet managed to get going with a Guitar Port and Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3 working fine. I probably only use a small percentage of Guitar Tracks but it's fine for my needs.

7. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

thanks guys, I am using a guitar port and guitar tracks pro at the moment. I will keep trying and think of sme questions.
    thanks for the help
    Ed