Sub 1k double locking trem lefty?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by MONSTER ZERO, Jun 1, 2015.

1. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

I just launched a LTD MH-50 into a dumpster because I couldnt get it to zero. I now need a guitar with a Floyd Rose or FR style trem on it. Problem being a lefty is that I can rarely ever try one out before I buy it. I'm looking to spend under 1k.

I'm not big on Wizard necks so Ibanez is out. I've looked at some Schecters that fit the bill particularly the C-1 Stealth. I like strat style bodies and necks. C shaped in the 10" radii range. A strat with a real FR on it would be perfect but havent had a bit of luck finding one, I'm not too concerned about the pups because I have plenty good ones laying around. I thought about a Carvin Bolt and I may end up there but any other suggestions?

Just asking around because sometimes even searching the interwebs ya miss stuff right in front of you.

2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Member

Carvin isn't bad at all. Of course they have the lack of resell value thing going on but given that you're looking at a relatively rare configuration this might not be as big an issue. The Carvin Bolt neck is a little on the thin side but not as thin as the Ibanez Wizard.

Rondo has had them from time to time in both the SX and Agile lines but I don't see one there now, unless you want a 7 string.

3. SouthpawGuy

SouthpawGuy Member

A USA Hamer Diablo maybe ? Not very common but they are out there. Or an older Kramer ? More recently there is the EVH Wolfgang Special.

Does it absolutely have to have a Floyd Rose ? There are lots of G&Ls with a Dual Fulcrum trem and locking tuners in lefty, plus of course Carvin.

Hamer Diablo
    [​IMG]

Kramer Pacer Imperial
    [​IMG]

A non Floyd guitar ...

G&L Legacy 2HB with Dual Fulcrum trem and locking Schallers
    [​IMG]

4. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

Hmm those are some very interesting axes. No it does not have to be a FR just something I can dive bomb with and not go out of tune.