SubDecay Liquid Sunshine ???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eethier, Jun 19, 2006.

1. eethier

eethier Member

Hi, I'm looking for some kind of tone enhancer / solo booster, I've been considering the Bad Bob Booster for a long time but lately i'm gasing for the Liquid Sunshine because I heard its a real lively mild overdrive that I could use to push my BB Preamp to add dynamics and sustain, am I right ? I could also use it for a more moderate overdrive...

It would also be nice to hear soundclips, I find the ones on the Subdecay site not really demonstrative... but its juste my opinion...

Anyway, here is my rig:

Amps: Marshall 1974X, Orange Rocker 30
    Guitars: Rickenbacker 650E, Gibson ES-135
    Pedals: Xotic BB Preamp, BSM FuzzBender

2. eethier

eethier Member

3. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

I think the LS is a great pedal, very underrated IMO. I had one about a year ago and sold it off in the never ending search :rolleyes: , but it's on my short list of "pedals I've sold that I would like to buy again someday". I was using mine with a tele and a Top Hat Club Royale (EL84's). The EQ is nice, it definitely does not sound like a tube screamer or other op amp based OD. By itself, it likes to work with a little bit of amp grit, but I would think it would make an excellent stacker, it might even work better after the BB.
    Hope that helps...

4. brian marshall

brian marshall Member

I know, the sound clips on the site, especially for that pedal are terrible. I recorded them right after i built the first run, and I was beat from working all night.

I still havent unpacked the recording gear from moving... hopefully ill get it up and running again soon.

Just to touch on something that gary said about stacking. the liquid sunshine does really good with other boosters and overdrives in front of it. I havent tried any of the xotic stuff yet, so i cant speak to it specifically, but it works good with mosfet boosters (like the SCP) and tube screamers.

Ive talked to Robbie from RGW a few times, he's a really cool guy, and we actually have a similar background. I'd even dare to say he's a bit smarter than i am.

5. ford

ford Member

Any newer opinions on this pedal? I love the idea of it, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try one...

any other users?

6. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

My favorite pedal. Stacks great. I've run it boosted with an OD, a clean boost and a treble boost (not at the same time) and with a fuzz before and after and it always sounds amazing. Great smaller tweedy amp in box sounds too. I almost never turn mine off.

7. ford

ford Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try and pick one up sometime soon.

Plus they look cool.. which is a bonus, although I've owned ugly pedals in the past.

rock

bford

8. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Awesome pedal. My current favorite.

9. ford

ford Member

Apparently I'm looking to have the same basic setup as Papa Taco, since he has a Hayseed 15 and I'm getting a 30 and I want a Liquid Sunshine and he has one. I didn't know he was my hero! :AOK

10. claffman

claffman Member

Best OD pedal EVER.

11. pfflam

pfflam Silver Supporting Member

Well, I can't comment on the pedal directly, but I've met Brian and you can count on the purchase coming from a good guy.

Besides, his pedals have great names :D

12. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Works very well with the Hayseed. Top Boost, EF86, Normal 12ax7 or blend of these. The Liquid Sunshine can be dialed in to sound great either as a dirty boost or mild overdrive.