• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Subdecay Vagabond: Anyone have one yet?

calfzilla

Cynical Hack
Just noticed that they have a new tremolo pedal up on their site... Does bias and harmonic. The envelope drift actually seems really cool. Speeds up/slows down the effect depending on pick attack. That could make for some trippy effects! Just curious if we had any demo-ers who had tried one out? Any Subdecay fanatics who already had one? Or maybe just someone looking for a different tremolo pedal that was willing to take the plunge?

graphro

I'm wondering the same thing. Anyone try one of these yet? Seems like it could be a really great pedal.

I got mine yesterday, demo/s will be forth coming. I'm planning on including it in a large trem shoot out, details of which have been discussed in the below thread.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...tout-suggestions.1781845/page-5#post-23476131

I received it yesterday. Initial thoughts.

The harmonic trem mode is VERY good. So good in fact I didn't even get to testing out the other mode because I was so hung up on how good the Harmonic mode was. From the little I've played it the envelope sensitivity feels good as well. Responds well to your playing. All testing I've done thus far has been with a strat. I'll plug into an LP eventually.

Killshakes

I just checked out the website. Anyone know if its analog, or based on any preexisting designs? Looks cool to me.

graphro

I got mine yesterday, demo/s will be forth coming. I'm planning on including it in a large trem shoot out, details of which have been discussed in the below thread.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...tout-suggestions.1781845/page-5#post-23476131

The harmonic trem mode is VERY good. So good in fact I didn't even get to testing out the other mode because I was so hung up on how good the Harmonic mode was. From the little I've played it the envelope sensitivity feels good as well. Responds well to your playing. All testing I've done thus far has been with a strat. I'll plug into an LP eventually.
Awesome, can't wait to hear more about it AND check out your trem shootout!

I really like the the sound of envelope sensitive trems, so I'm excited about the potential of the Vagabond.

lumpblockclod

Nice, I'm interested in this too. Can you post a video of the Vagabond?

Killshakes

Here you go, there will be other videos with the pedal as I do the shoot outs, and this vid isn't meant to be part of that shoot out, just a quick demo.

Nice!

Question about the color: Is it brown, or green, or somewhere in between? Hard to tell from the picture.

Question about the color: Is it brown, or green, or somewhere in between? Hard to tell from the picture.
Hah!...Uh.. I asked for a second opinion since its confusing my eyes.

To me it looks like a very sub-dued greyish brown, with a slight hint of green tint to it.

To my second opinion'er they just said brown and said they saw no signs of green in it.

edwardz

Who’s using the Vagabond? This just made it on by radar recently.

I like that it’s small, analog and only draws 25 mA. I hear both the harmonic and bias modes sound really good too.

chromewaves

I have one, it’s great. The envelope drift feature is neat, but I generally just leave it at noon (off). both harmonic and bias modes sound really good and the volume knob is invaluable. I have an EBS for optical trem sounds - plus a Deluxe Reverb - so I'm all set for throb.

Trending Topics