1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

submix onstage

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Selsaral, May 24, 2011.

1. Selsaral

Selsaral Member

Howdy. What's the best way to get individual submixes for everyone on stage? I suppose there's two kinds, the simpler kind where you can mix yourself versus the rest of the monitor mix, and the complex kind where you can individually raise or lower everyone's channel in your own submix.

I don't see a lot of products for this, and I don't see a lot of people talking about it, but when I think about it, it seems to be highly desirable.

2. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

You need a mixer with an appropriate number of pre-fade aux sends.

3. Selsaral

Selsaral Member

That's all that I could think of, so cool. But then everything has to be mixed at the mixer, eh? In the middle of the gig, you can't turn down the keyboard and turn up the second singer without walking over to it?

4. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

Right. That's what soundcheck is for.

5. loudboy

loudboy Member

Aviom would be the answer.

6. Somniferous

Somniferous Member

It can be done (usually done as a digital send over ethernet), but the problem is that musician usually end up spending too much time tweaking their mix on stage. Even if I have the option to send everyone everything, I usually only send a stereo mix and a more me knob. Keeps the musicians focused on playing.