Subterranean Rapid Transit solo bed

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by John Czajkowski, Feb 12, 2006.

1. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Here is the solo bed and lead sheet for another Hectic Watermelon monstrosity. :NUTS

http://users.bandzoogle.com/hecticwatermelon/media/mp3/SRTsolos.mp3

http://users.bandzoogle.com/hecticwatermelon/files/SRT_leadsheet_4p.pdf

The full tune can be heard on our website Musik page if it is not playing automatically when you go to the site. The solo section is on the last page and it is very simple harmonically, but the rhythms slingshot back and forth between two tempos that are related by the triplet and may take some getting used to.

Start your engines!

2. scottl

scottl Member

3. fig

fig Member

Hi John -

Loved it! :AOK
    I'll attempt my lame take when I get my amp back in the next few days.

Greg

4. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

5. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Wilkommen und vielen Dank' Markus!

Ed, your fearless playing continues to remind me of freefalling at 110mph in the dark of night! Dog-gone Rampart!

6. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Another wild ride, to be sure!

Mike

7. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

I have not played this kind of thing in a long time and to say I am a bit
    intimidated by ed & markus's tracks would be an understatement..
    but the backing track was so great and it made nostalgic for the days
    I was "in shape" for this kind of vibe...anyways have I made enough excuses yet?

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3494905&q=hi

8. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Thanks Sub-D,

That was hip for someone who claims to be out of shape! I thought the final lines were very musical and expressive. The intro was a cool twist too!

:BEER

9. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

Thanks, I fixed the levels a bit and extended the fade (same link, same take)
    Great track!
    also , nice work tonefreak sounds great......

10. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

I appreciate the feedback... I try real hard to keep up with the talent presented here. Sub-D... you have some great legato skills and, I don't know if anyone noticed, that intro was awesome. Reminded me of the late great Kevin Gilbert.

11. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

12. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Psychedelic! Sounds like you have fun with that!!

13. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Sub-D and Markus,I bow before you!!!Excellent job from everyone else as well!

Vlad

14. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Thanks, tf. I thought yours was damn good. The tone of yours cuts quite a bit more than mine does. Thus the apt screen name-------- ToneFreak!!!:RoCkIn

15. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Suhr Classic through a Diezel Eistein (50W). Your take makes me want to dust off the ol' Vibe! :D

16. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

Thanks for the clips Pickhead and Tonefreak!

Pickhead, I dig the psychedelic touch as well. The full tune is coming from a kind of like Mahavisnu-psychedelia place, so that is very groovy. I love how people are getting creative with setting the atmosphere for the solos with trappings of psychedelia stuff!

Tonfreak, thanks again for leading me to this forum! I am really having a fun time sharing fragments for our CD with so many people. Your track is definitely cutting like a big dog! In spite of the razor-edged tone that amp delivers (I mean that ina good way), your playing/producing makes it work in terms of dynamics in my humble opinion. I actually use two different channels on my Egnater M4 for the lead tones on the recording. The more percussive lead stuff uses the Egnater SL2 module, but my solo uses the Modern module for a more Holdsworthy tone traditition.

Hey, I'm going to be up at the Thursday the 23rd Holdsworth show in LA (driving up with Darren - our drummer), so if you're going, we should hook up for a drink! I'm thinking about trying to earn some money selling geriatric diapers prior to that gig.

:jo

17. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

You're welcome... TGP is a very cool place!

Razor edge... gonna have to turn my Presence and Treble down a bit! :p I need to get some decent monitors... I'm monitoring everything using my AKG headphones. I was really going for a mellower tone... gonna have to play around. I do appreciate you listening!! You're stuff is so challenging for me to play over... I actually had to walk away for an hour cuz I was getting too frustrated.

Holdsworth is the man, but alas kid duty keeps my evenings very busy... especially during a school night!:D Our meeting is inevitable... however, kids do make quite the temporary obsticle. Jealous... you get to watch Holdsworth kick ass...

18. John Czajkowski

John Czajkowski Member

By "razor edge" I mean percussive versus even dynamic as a resultant of right hand and amp style. No value judgement intended. And as far as the Daddy-sitting goes, that is often my role as well. But we'll hook up at some HW gigs or something! Rock on Pa!

19. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

Ha! Gotcha! I'm trying to work more of a legato technique in my playing... I tend to pick everything ala Steve Lukather.

HW gigs... oh yeah!! Saving up my 'chips' for that!