Sucked in by a pretty face

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jj jafar, Feb 5, 2006.

1. jj jafar

jj jafar Member

O.K. How many of ya have bought a pedal simply because you thought it looked cool?Even if you really didnt need it.Be honest:angel
    Ill go first.The EVH phaser.Not a bad pedal really,but sure is swell to look at.:eek: Jason

2. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

I bought an EVH phaser. I really like it. To me it has the sound that I've been trying to get from different vibe pedals. But I couldn't stand the paint job so, to be a dork, I painted it black. :eek: That effectively prevents me from ever selling it, I guess.

3. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

That puke green colored pedal weasels it's way into my heart / pedal board every year or so. I think I just need to try a modded version but after shacking up with a MJM Blues Devil I think the attraction is no longer as fatal. The Zvex stuff slays me and the pedestrian, stamped look of Analogman's stuff is also coolio. Mon eye's see the Klon as the most significant looking pedal of all time.

4. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

The AM Sunface is really cool looking, and sounds as good as I could ever have expected.

I became infatuated with the Blackstone overdrive a couple of years ago. I didn't need another OD but it was SO cool looking and it was like a fetish object for me. I owned it for a few months, decided it sounded very good, but I just didn't need it so off it went. I'm still infatuated with the look; to the point where I might fool myself into getting one again.

5. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I'm kinda gassing for a tubescreamer or a maxon OD. Only because it's got that look; I already get a superior TS sound, IMO, from my TC Jaugernig DGTM

6. jgyn

jgyn Member

I like the way fuzzfaces look.

7. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Actually, I've been jonesing for the Fulltone MOSFET Fulldrive II in metalflake maroon. But don't really need it. Maybe. I don't know...

8. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Member

The silver faced Zens and Mos' have sucked me in!

9. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

I have become infatuated with the pretty face of the Analogman Sunlion from afar. I haven't yet worked up the courage to ask her out.

10. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

SPF Red Threat. - What a cool lookin' pedal.

Didn't care for it though- very noisy and harsh to my ears.

-Ben

11. justicetones

justicetones Member

Me too. OK here is a sick admission. I have four blue pedals and would rather have the COOL maroon metalflake fulldrive than the ford blue one. That is a horrible waste.
    :confused:

That is way to OC......

12. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER Silver Supporting Member

I have to admit that I held off buying anything BJF for ages because I actually don't like the hand-painted look, especially if it's going to chip.

The idea of paying a premium price for a pedal with a finish that wasn't going to last was a bit contrary to my principles. In the end though I'm waiting eagerly for my Honey Bee because I'm pretty sure I'm going to love the way it sounds.

...also have a custom colour TIM on the way!

13. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Analogman sun lion, Red witch Medusa. Haven't bought them though I am resisting the urge.

14. erksin

erksin Member

I had a pretty good wah in the Vox V-847 (T/B modded, a little extra gain), but a Fulltone Clyde lured me away - love everything about that pedal (tones, sweep, build quality, and especially the looks!)...

15. baald

baald Member

my blackstone appliance isn't going anywhere regardless of how it sounds - i think it's one of the handsomest pedals anywhere. really compact too. and luckily, it sounds great (for those rare occasions when i get my burn from a pedal instead of the amp)

16. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Never if I didn't want to try it out anyway, but I will say this...I have never bought a pedal that I didn't like aesthetically. That is not to say that I think all the ones I have owned are Mona Lisas, just that I will not buy pedals I think are ugly no matter how it may sound. Lucky for me all the ones I have really liked have looked at least acceptable if not wonderful.

17. gururyan

gururyan Member

I love my vintage MXR DynaComp, but for some reason I am VERY drawn to the yellow used on Diamond's compressor.

...I don't even like yellow!

[​IMG]

18. Turnipfarmer

Turnipfarmer Member

i got sucked in by a couple pretty faces; first was that Dimarzio add with Daizi Shane- shes pretty good, but then that Minarik guitars add with Alexa Vetere- shes hot but the music on her site seemed real bland.

19. threm

threm Member

20. Gearhunter

Gearhunter Member

Lately I've been drawn to the plain Jane,wolf in sheeps clothing pedals.
    Here's a couple of my favorites.

[​IMG]

:)