• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Sugarfoot Rag

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
Junior plays it in G, Hank Garland (the composer) played it in A. Look for Hank's version and transcribe it. I play it on lap steel, never bothered on guitar. It's easy enough. Jim Campilongo sent me his chart on it for a gig, but it was written in standard notation.

GROCNROLL

I don't have the tabs but for listening purposes, I'd suggest checking out Brent Mason's and Jimmy Bryant's versions of it. Blazing speed and clarity! Also, just for the record, there are words to it, too.

Poppa Stoppa

I have played this once or twice, seem to remember the key to getting the C# in the ninth bar to sound right is to put a capo on so it rings with the open string above. For that version Neer tabbed you put the capo on the second fret (if I recall correctly!). Anybody else do this?

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
This is Campilongo's chart. I'm not sure what the changes on the bottom are for, I never got to play it with him.
I'm pretty sure those are 'alt' changes for the second half. See the *
Lots of Texas style fiddle tunes use those changes I believe.

Trending Topics