Sugarloaf... Anyone else remember this band.

ant_riv

Silver Supporting Member
They were never a huge influence but everything I heard by them I liked.
Don’t know why I never dove into their using more.

eldorado2001

The first and second concerts I went to as a teenager. Sugarloaf and Spaceship Earth are still in regular rotation in my collection. That would be a reunion concert I'd love to attend, if only.

NotWesYet

Silver Supporting Member
Of the many things I noticed about the band, as well as some of the era. There was an exceptional level of musicianship. And the arrangements were spot on, as well as the recordings and mixing. Vocals never seem over compressed and sit perfectly in the mix.

As they say before Pro Tools there were just Pros.

I never bought or was particularly interested in pop music records. But I sometimes heard the radio. I remember Sugarloaf because occasionally I would hear "Green Eyed Lady" on the radio. On the other hand, I know of and have a record by Patto. Although they made records around the same time Sugarloaf did I don't remember them from the 1970s. I don't think I heard Patto until the late 1990s or early 2000s when I saw the record jacket, thought it looked like it might have some interesting psychedelic music on it, was on a label that I had heard other interesting psychedelic music on, and decided to buy it. I think I remember buying that Patto record from a vendor at Coastal Carolina Flea Market in Ladson, South Carolina. I knew about The Frost earlier than I knew about Patto. Though I never heard The Frost on the radio and did not know of them at all, although they made some records in the late 1960s, until I found a couple of their records at a pawn shop in Daleville, Alabama in the early 1980s. I think I decided to buy those records by The Frost because I saw that Dick Wagner, who I knew about from Lou Reed Live, played guitar on them.

kkregsg

Gold Supporting Member
I saw them at ASU in fall 1970. It was a pleasure to look up and see guitarist Robert Yeazel on stage. I knew of him from the band Beast, who played a number of our Hs dances in CO Springs. I actually own both albums they recorded. Always happy to see a local boy make good.

I believe the organist was Jerry Corbetta, and he was good. A tight band.

NotWesYet

Silver Supporting Member
I saw them at ASU in fall 1970. It was a pleasure to look up and see guitarist Robert Yeazel on stage. I knew of him from the band Beast, who played a number of our Hs dances in CO Springs. I actually own both albums they recorded. Always happy to see a local boy make good.

I believe the organist was Jerry Corbetta, and he was good. A tight band.
I googled Robert and found his website. Great info. Thanks!

http://www.bobyeazel.com

Trending Topics