So I want to find a good "beater" acoustic/electric. Not opposed to buying used. Here are my requirements:
- $600 max budget, although I would like to come in well below that.
- Laminate back and sides. I live in a dry climate and one of the main reasons I need a "beater" guitar is so I don't need to humidify the thing. So no solid back/sides.
- An output jack that is NOT on the endpin. I want to have strap locks on the endpins, and the output jack south of that. I don't really care what electronics are in there because I'll replace them anyway, but having the output jack how I want it to begin with will save me a lot of work.
- String spacing at saddle greater than 2-1/8". This counts out a lot of Takamines. I play a lot of fingerstyle, and I need a little more room down there.
- A pinless bridge, like I've seen on Ovations and some Takamines. Are there others out there?
- Not a lot of gaudy stuff. I wouldn't turn a guitar down because of abalone, but that would definitely be a step in the wrong direction.
- Still sounds decent unplugged. I prefer the sound of a Martin dread, in case that affects any suggestions.