• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Suggest an amp w/20 watts or less for gigs!!!!

jimmyohio75

I am looking for a tube amp with 20 watts or less to use at gigs when I am mic'd. I would prefer two channels but that's not a huge requirement. Reverb would be nice but once again, not a deal breaker. Good cleans are a must but I have a Crunch Box for dirt if I need to use it. Can be either a combo or head and cab but keep in mind both the head and cab must be within my budget. It must weigh less than 40 lbs. Budget is no more than $800!
My band plays gritty, bluesy rock...like this:
www.myspace.com/hawkinshill

Ok, fire away!!!:munch

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Gold Supporting Member
Traynor YCV20WR with a tubescreamer would be perfectfor that sound....

candid_x

New Fender Super Champ DX into a good 1x12 with Tung-Sol 6V6's and a balanced EH 12AX7.

Don't laugh, it really works. :agree

Scottone

I just picked up a '68 Ampeg Reverbojet and it would certainly fit the bill. Way less than $800.00 too.

Austinrocks

fender hot rod deluxe with JJs 6v6, don't try the others or they will not work, have them in my HR deluxe, hard to say exactly what the power is, the bias pretty much sets that, I put a dummy plug in the extension speaker jack, which sets the transformer for the 8 ohm speaker, HRDx about $600, tubes $35 or so, my HRDx came with a Vintage 30, but that may get the amp to loud,

the 40 watts go down to 20 watts, and your not stuck with an amp that you can not use if you decide you can use more power. A 20 watt amp you may find is a big mistake later on.

http://www.eurotubes.com/euro-e.htm

Pole With Soul

Silver Supporting Member
I am looking for a tube amp with 20 watts or less to use at gigs when I am mic'd. I would prefer two channels but that's not a huge requirement. Reverb would be nice but once again, not a deal breaker. Good cleans are a must but I have a Crunch Box for dirt if I need to use it. Can be either a combo or head and cab but keep in mind both the head and cab must be within my budget. It must weigh less than 40 lbs. Budget is no more than $800!
My band plays gritty, bluesy rock...like this:
www.myspace.com/hawkinshill

Ok, fire away!!!:munch
Soldano Astroverb 16 (20 watts w/reverb)

shark_bite

+another 1 on the DR. Predictable vote coming from me, but then you'll know why I prefer it to my Bassman. For you, probably a Celestion speaker like a V30 would be best. I'd lean heavily toward a player's SFDR if you can find one - look at it this way; it'll only go UP in value if you go that route.

Trending Topics