Suggest noiseless Tele pu

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DrJamie, Jul 20, 2005.

1. DrJamie

DrJamie Silver Supporting Member

Just got a beautiful Grosh Tele, maple neck, swampash body, with a humbucker neck, and T-bridge. Sort of an Albert Collins looking thing. Seems like a noiseless bridge pu would go well with the humbucker neck pu. Bardens are a possibility, but I realize there are alot of other cheaper/ and maybe better choices. Help. Jamie.

2. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Chat w/ the folks at DiMarzio as they have a few models - their customer service is amazing, they will do exchanges, and they have some great designs. http://dimarzio.com

3. DrJamie

DrJamie Silver Supporting Member

Thanks, I've heard and read some good buzz about Dimarzio. I'm still thinking they're the "super-distortion" folks from the '80's, so I'll check them out.

4. Garrett Bagby

Garrett Bagby Member

If you don't mind waiting, a lot of folks hold Bill Lawrence in high regard. I'm going to use one of his pups whenever I get around to building an Esquire.

www.billlawrence.com

5. Unburst

Unburst Member

I agree with Wayne, check out the DiMarzio Virtual Vintage.
    Kinman also make some nice noiseless SC pups.

6. Scottone

Scottone Supporting Member

I've been very happy with my Kinmans and highly recommend them. I ordered them direct from Chris and they arrived quickly with no additional taxes or brokerage fees added on (which is rare when bringing stuff into Canada).

7. Drunkagain

Drunkagain Member

I used Fralins in my Warmoth tele. Shielded the hell out of it and it's as noisless as any guitar I've ever owned

8. DoobieK

DoobieK Member

I have sets of Lawrence 290TLE, Kinman AVN 60, Dimarzio Virtual T, Duncan Vintage Stack and Kinman AVN 48 Broadcaster.

I like the Kinman Broadcaster best. It sounds more like a Vince Gill, fatter tele. The Kinman AVN 60 is a thinner, twangier pup.

Dimarzio Virtual T is a good pickup, for the price.

Lawrence didn't sound very Teleish to me.

The Duncan has an exaggerated strong low E string and didn't sound overly single coil to me.

9. FredW

FredW Member

+1 Kinman AVN 48 Broadcaster

10. Bonedance

Bonedance Member

I'll give a big thumbs up to the Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Hot T. I've been through a plethora of bridge pickups....vintage wind....bucker types.......P-90ish types. While some worked better than others with my gear and style, the Hot T bridges a nice gap between snappy vintage twang and P-90 balls. I have had a severe dislike for Dimarzio pups through the years...probably that same 70's Super Distortion thing. With the VV Hot T and Classic PAF in my tele, my opinions have changed. I usually go for the boteekee pups in my guitars, but these are staying put. Plus, as others said, their customer service is top notch.

Kinmans are great also. More coin, but they sound great. Don't rule out Duncan. They make some nice noiseless tele pups that you hear on country radio all the time.