1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest:TS Clone or 250+ kit

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wavey63, Jan 7, 2008.

1. wavey63

wavey63 Member

I am looking to build a kit. I just built my first amp and loved every minute of it. I now need a distortion/boost pedal to give me some more ummpph! I used to own bot a 250 and a TS9 from analog man and liked them both but sold them. My setup now is a 5E3 and a Classic50 212 with a strat SC and a custom double cutaway with a SD Sreamin Demon and SD Jazz model. I want something that adds a bit of grind but also power.I am thinking somewhere like Brian May meets Duane Allman meets Rithchie Blackmore meets Angus Young. I know this may be an impossible task but where do I go? Also, any input about BYOC or GeneralGuitarGadgets? Thanks again guys!!:messedup

2. woude

woude Member

I really liked the 250+ kit; it really adds a nice grindto your sound. I think that it's more of what you're looking for.

3. Deaj

Deaj Member

4. wavey63

wavey63 Member

Thanks for the input guys.

5. pi22seven

pi22seven Member

The 250 is so dang easy it's hard to mess up.

6. Jack

Jack Member

I built the BYOC 250+ to Distortion + specs (you can also build it to 250 specs or play with the clipping section). I accidentally put put the wrong component in the clipping section and it sounded good. I liked it, except there wasn't much low end in it, so I sold it. I tend to like way more low end than is necessary for most because my band has no bassist. Cool pedal, fun and easy build.

7. wavey63

wavey63 Member

Any thought on treble boost pedals? I have heard so much of them but always thought that they would make a strat sound harsh and thin.

8. wavey63

wavey63 Member

9. bduguay

bduguay Member

If you're looking for Treble boost, you may want to consider the BYOC Triboost.
    B.