Suggested wireless unit

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cragginshred, May 24, 2015.

1. cragginshred

cragginshred Member

I have been using the Line 6 G-30 for about 4 years with no issues until lately. What are some higher end units that would be a good upgrade?

2. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

What issues are you having?

3. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

What issues are you having? I've been using the Line6 Systems for just about that long as well. G30 and G90 when I had an Axe Fx II Rack. Only change I would ever make would be to jump on the Shure systems.

4. Rango

Rango Supporting Member

I've had a G50 for long while... If I was buying new, I'd get a G70 ;)

5. cragginshred

cragginshred Member

It sounds like a cord it cutting out -batteries good. Changed cords same thing. Used real cord to amp to ensure guitar jack was solid which it was..... and it's def the G-30

@Rango those look good but I have heard from several folks they cut out due to competing wifi signals.

6. Rango

Rango Supporting Member

Hard to argue with herd... :eek::D

There is ONE GUY here that I know had issues with an early G50 unit. There was a firmware update during the run, maybe they found something? My unit has been solid... If you Search "G50" - which you can do now with the NEW FORUM SOFTWARE - you'll see a bunch of threads where we beat this to death. ;)

If you're worried - buy it at GC or MF - play it and see if it works for you? If you have a drop out, return it. :D

7. cragginshred

cragginshred Member

My buddy is a manager at GC and provided the skinny on the current situation of the cut out due to wifi interference. According to him line 6 has done nothing to change it and makes it a sub standard unit to the G-30.
    Good news is a rubber band around the battery enclosure of the G-30 transmitter fixed my problem -duct tape was next ha!

8. Nota

Nota Member

I have owned the G30 and now own the G70. I have no special love for Line6. Both units have been great. I was an early adopter of the G70 about a month ago, see my TGP review here. There's a few things about it that bug me, but overall it's a great unit. Dropouts have never been a problem on either unit unless related to the cable going bad and/or jiggling around.

9. sdevino

sdevino Member

Your buddy at GC is not as well informed as he could be. The G70 is an entirely new radio that provides better immunity to interference from nearby signals. It also lowers the RF noise floor quite bit which makes it easier to detect the transmitted guitar signal a lot more reliably. there was an early dropout issue on initial units when the transmitter was used very close to the receiver. This has been corrected with fw 1.03 which is a free download.

Rango likes this.