Suggestion For A Hybrid Bike From Rei

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by leftybill, May 19, 2015.

1. leftybill

leftybill Supporting Member

2. ddeand

ddeand Member

Disclaimer: I work at an REI selling bikes.

That said, either will work well for general riding, but I'd stick with a bike that diesn't have a frint shock unless you will be doing some longer riding on rough (gravel/country) roads. The shocks add weight and can soak up some of your pedaling energy. If I was going to be doing most of my riding on paths, paved roads, or crushed gravel, I'd go with the Buzz. The steel frame will give you a pretty smooth ride, and the components have been upgraded this year. People who own them really seem to like them alot.

Have fun looking!

3. pedalcr8z

pedalcr8z Supporting Member

Disclaimer: I work at a bicycle speciality store.

Go to a real bike store, you'll pay more but you'll get more as the best brands only use independent speciality shops to represent their products.

4. navin johnson

navin johnson Member

go recumbent and never look back.

5. Chippertheripper

Chippertheripper Supporting Member

Disclaimer: I'm just an opinionated cyclist.

I'd get the buzz. The low end suspension forks are really heavy, and really unnecessary for the casual rider. Especially on a hybrid. On a mtb, ok, you get a pass, but on a hybrid, just skip them.

6. Chippertheripper

Chippertheripper Supporting Member

You really can't look back on a recumbent. Not without a mirror.

7. GovernorSilver

GovernorSilver Member

I've been shopping at REI and local bike shops alike. No complaints about either. BTW, I have not noticed much difference in prices of the bikes themselves. Bike accessories though are cheaper at REI right now due their Memorial Day sale. I just bought my first pair of bike shorts w/ chamois at REI and will probably go back to get a pair of panniers.

I admit though I bought my bike at this shop because of this shop employee - she has irresistable soft-selling technique.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2015