Suggestions for a humbucker for a Strat bridge.

vintage66

I have Texas Specials in there now. Maybe something stacked that matches well for more versitility. Not a metal pickup but one for classic rock/heavy rock.

vintage66

Good suggestions so far-just not sure which way to go. Any more endorsers out there of these 2 or other ideas?

Mike T

I have a lil59 in the bridge wtih Bardens in the other 2. The tone itself works, but what doesn't is the treble rolloff when I switch to the bridge. I'm investigating it now myself.

vintage66

Can anyone compare the lil ' 59 and the Hot Rails? Is the Hot rails the one on the Hot rod '62 Strat?

tj1004

Ive got a Hot Rails in the bridge of one of my Strats and I like it quite a bit. It is a very dynamic pickup, I like the midrange it has. Also, don't know if your interested in a full size HB, but I have a Pearly Gates in the bridge of another Strat and I absolutely love it, I think it works really well.

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Go to a music store and try the Strat that comes with the rail style DiM Tone Zone. That could be IT for you. If not, at least you will know.

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
I put a splittable (full size) Lollar Imperial in mine and love it. Pure rock with a really nice single coil option for sometimes.

jon

Mickey_C

1.428571428571429e-10 of humanity
Ive got a Hot Rails in the bridge of one of my Strats and I like it quite a bit. It is a very dynamic pickup, I like the midrange it has. Also, don't know if your interested in a full size HB, but I have a Pearly Gates in the bridge of another Strat and I absolutely love it, I think it works really well.

And whatd'ya know? They have a custom shop Pearly Gates in a Single Coil size stack like the Lil '59! They even have an option for "no logo" and "aged cream!".

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/custom-shop/stratocaster/strat_pearly_ga/

I just found out about this - and I think I am going to try it! Maybe they'll do the EVH in this footprint too eventually.

franksguitar

I like the Duncan JB w/3 way mini switch in the humbucker bridge on my strat so I can get almost LP tones, & tele w/the tap and just single out of phase.

[email protected] C

Silver Supporting Member
The Hot Rails isn't bad, but I haven't found it to be that great either ....I've had one in and out of my strat a few times, and it's just "ok."

To me, it's a little too compressed and midrangy for my tastes, but it certainly is a lot fatter than a single coil.

Still, that may be the tone you're looking for- if so, go for it!

vintage66

And whatd'ya know? They have a custom shop Pearly Gates in a Single Coil size stack like the Lil '59! They even have an option for "no logo" and "aged cream!".

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/custom-shop/stratocaster/strat_pearly_ga/

I just found out about this - and I think I am going to try it! Maybe they'll do the EVH in this footprint too eventually.

Hmm, might be interested in that. A little pricey though. The EVH I've heard good things about-a single coil sized one would be very cool.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom