Suggestions for cheap and obnoxious dirt

Trick Fall

I've been casually looking for a new dirt pedal for some more over the top sounds. I'd prefer something that barely hangs together on chords. I usually find fuzzes too round and am looking for something sharper and more cutting. I'll be using this with tube amps at real volume and would like to keep it under 150.00

Thanks

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
Danelectro FAB distortion. The one in the plastic enclosure that looks like a toy. You can get one for like $20. I housed one in a Nintendo controller as a fun project but it does that over the top falling apart kind of sound really well.

Thorsday

HM300, currently on sale for $19 at Sweetwater.

This. I dig the HM300 all knobs cranked with a Fortin Zuul+. Only two pedals I need for the doomy stuff. Now, once I need the tightest chugs, the HM300 isn't the best. When it comes to the tight brutality, I have not successfully gone cheap.

Can anyone else weigh in on the latter observation?

Maguchi

I've been casually looking for a new dirt pedal for some more over the top sounds. I'd prefer something that barely hangs together on chords. I usually find fuzzes too round and am looking for something sharper and more cutting. I'll be using this with tube amps at real volume and would like to keep it under 150.00

Thanks
Try some Behringer dirt pedals. They're dirt cheap (pun intended), between $25-$35 new and sound good. Most of the Behringer pedals are clones of the circuits of proven classic pedals that have been around for a long time.

Last edited:

JoeGags

First pedal I bought my son was a Fangs by TC Electronic. Don't know the production status, but for metal, I think it is suprizingly good

Trending Topics

Top Bottom