• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Suggestions for my next drive and or preamp or boost pedal please

yoshiii

Hello,

I want to buy another drive, or maybe boost pedal, or even preamp.

I have now a Mesa Rectoverb 25, will buy soon a Marshall (between a SV Studio or the SC Studio (JCM 800).

The pedals I have now are: EHX Crayon(overdrive) sounds kinda of like a light clear overdrive, Naga Viper(treble booster), Boss SD -1. I will buy the D and M drive pedal.

What are some good pedals that might be good to get? Blues Driver? Friedman (isnt that a Marshall pedal)? etc.

I play all kinds of music, blues, jazz, getting into Rockabilly now, that Steelydan type of rock jazz, alternative, metal, dream pop, etc. I have a tele, semi hollow and soon a Les Paul.

Type of music listening to lots now are stuff like Foo Fighters, Cocteau Twins, Stone Temple Pilots, Sound Garden, Rush, Metallica.

Hello,

I want to buy another drive, or maybe boost pedal, or even preamp.

I have now a Mesa Rectoverb 25, will buy soon a Marshall (between a SV Studio or the SC Studio (JCM 800).

The pedals I have now are: EHX Crayon(overdrive) sounds kinda of like a light clear overdrive, Naga Viper(treble booster), Boss SD -1. I will buy the D and M drive pedal.

What are some good pedals that might be good to get? Blues Driver? Friedman (isnt that a Marshall pedal)? etc.

I play all kinds of music, blues, jazz, getting into Rockabilly now, that Steelydan type of rock jazz, alternative, metal, dream pop, etc. I have a tele, semi hollow and soon a Les Paul.

Type of music listening to lots now are stuff like Foo Fighters, Cocteau Twins, Stone Temple Pilots, Sound Garden, Rush, Metallica.
Those are all great amps, if you like their base tones, then your best bet would be the Ananashead Bolt! Great sounding drive both on it's own and stacked. Has quite a bit of room for boost. And the tone knob is useful throughout its travel without any extreme settings!

Just a great drive to have, here's the tones I'm getting with mine: :beer

Trending Topics