Suhr 56 Big V .880 - .980

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gregory70, Mar 19, 2006.

1. gregory70

gregory70 Supporting Member

So I just got my first Suhr Classic with a 60's C Vintage Standard .810 - .930, now I want to buy another Suhr slightly different specs. I might be interested in one with the 56 Big V neck carve, but I am worried about it being too big (I have smallish hands). I really don't have an opportunity to play it before I buy it. Can anyone compare the 56 Big V neck carve to a neck I might have access to? Is is like any Strat neck currently in production? I know some deluxe strats have v-shapes... Thanks.

2. oscar100

oscar100 Supporting Member

and teh V56 suhr is teh best neck i ever played - my favorite suhr neck and ive got/has all of tehm

its not so big when u play it somehow

so comfy

you wont regret it

:BEER

3. kevin hart

kevin hart Supporting Member

my new suhr has the brand new 50's roundback that john is offering & even though it's beefy, it's very comfortable.

4. GTRJoe

GTRJoe Supporting Member

I also have a Suhr Classic with the '56 big V. I love it. It's not that big. It's very comfortable and I have small hands as well.

5. artandink

artandink Member

I have a Suhr Classic with a "Big V" too. It really isn't that chunky. Not nearly as "fat" as, let's say, a "fatback" or "boat." And while I'm at it, Suhr's "Fat C" isn't all that chunky too. I have a "Fat C" T as well.

Both are extremely comfortable. And I emphasize extremely.

I don't know why I don't see more of them out there.

6. gregory70

Just for comparison sakes, can anyone compare it to the v-neck on the current deluxe series? I have access to one of those.

7. telesquire

telesquire Member

.980 is fine......its .990 thats seems alittle too much for most folks.Its amazing how that .10 makes such a difference.Well to me anyway.

8. Srini

Srini Guest

My standard has an even C huge, and it turned out to be far less chunky than I anticipated. My Warmoth fatback is a lot fatter. The neck is a work of art, though - I have to admit.

Srini

9. gregory70

Well, having a proclivity towards impulse buying, I went ahead and bought my second Suhr Classic (about one month after receiving the first one). This one has the big V carve, so I am a little anxious about it's size (I got a 48 hour approval). Will let you know how it fits with my little hands!

10. Tomo

Tomo Member

Mine is

Soft medium V .860 -.940 - CUSTOM

I love it!

Tomo

11. gregory70

Well, I still plan to use the entire 48 approval period, but right now, I'd say it's a hit!

The neck is definitely different, particularly near the nut, but it still plays great with my small hands. There are things (I can't articulate quite yet) that I like about the Big V over the Vintage C and and an equal number of things I like about the Vintage C over the Big V. They are both great necks and both are very comfortable. I've AB'd the two guitars for the past 3 hours and noticed that if my hand got tired on one neck, the other neck felt great and was a refreshing change.

I need to spend more time with the new Suhr, but unless my hand cramps up on the Big V over the next few days, this guitar ain't going nowhere!

BTW - graphite metallic, what a cool finish!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. gregory70

What? No, "Wow! Those are some sweet lookin' Suhrs!"

13. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

Wow, those are sweet looking Suhrs! ;)

Did you get the graphite one from Alpha music? If so I've been told that particular guitar is a special one. I almost bought it myself recently but decided to buy back one of my old Suhrs instead.