pinktiger.jpg

mapletiger.jpg

tigers.jpg

whitetiger.jpg

80sshred.jpg

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
What's missing here Alex, is the scalloped version they did, you got to have them all! :D

Serenity

Funny how the Suhr headstock doesn't bother me half as much when it's turned upside down. That White Tiger is killer!

deflep

Dude....the pink one....unnnhhh. Was that a custom order?

Hey Matt,

The Pink Tiger was a custom order (2009) from an artist named Peter Joseph. I don't know the guy personally.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=87735

What's cool about the axe is that the spec sheet says the single in the neck is a custom high output single and notes "refer to John". I have not seen a modern yet with a single in the neck which is a very cool touch. The volume knob pulls up to get to the single.

I could be wrong but I think this pre-dated the orange tiger and could possible have been the inspiration for the first run of 80s Shred.

Alex

deflep

These all have Doug Aldrich pickups in them, right? How do you like them?

I actually prefer the SSH+ a bit more but for the 80s Shred guitars my ear has adjusted. I tend to lower the mids on my amps when I play with these pups. It's always great to have a variety of pups. Since I have so many of these guitars I may tweak a few.

teofilrocks

Silver Supporting Member
I actually prefer the SSH+ a bit more but for the 80s Shred guitars my ear has adjusted. I tend to lower the mids on my amps when I play with these pups. It's always great to have a variety of pups. Since I have so many of these guitars I may tweak a few.
I have Thornbuckers I'm putting into one guitar, and I'm looking to cover 80s hard rock in a Floyd equipped guitar. What's the basic difference between the Aldrich and SSH+ to your ears?

deflep

I have Thornbuckers I'm putting into one guitar, and I'm looking to cover 80s hard rock in a Floyd equipped guitar. What's the basic difference between the Aldrich and SSH+ to your ears?

Thornbuckers are super low output. I would upgrade to the PLUS version if it's not too late. You are gonna need a boost pedal for sure to do 80s hard rock IMO.

The SSH+ is 10% lower output than the Aldrich and just seems to have a more balanced tone. It's the perfect pickup for me, so far, against everything I have tried.

teofilrocks

Silver Supporting Member
Thornbuckers are super low output. I would upgrade to the PLUS version if it's not too late. You are gonna need a boost pedal for sure to do 80s hard rock IMO.

The SSH+ is 10% lower output than the Aldrich and just seems to have a more balanced tone. It's the perfect pickup for me, so far, against everything I have tried.
Oh, the Thorns are for classic rock, nothing heavy.

The Aldrich or SSH+ would be in an SE Custom 24 Floyd, so mahogany w/ maple cap. Not sure how that affects selection.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom