• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Suhr appreciation contest continues !

Tomo

Originally posted by eddyrox
very funny! seriously, I decided on metallic Candy Apple red w/ maple neck (again) when I saw Chun13's!:dude

Now he posted pics and specs.
Looking great! I like maple neck Suhr!

Tomo

eddyrox

Originally posted by Chun13
Great choice ! That's an awesome colour, other pics under different lights to try to confort you in your decision ! :)

NIIIICE!!:dude

OK, the ONLY difference between your beaut and the one I just ordered is that I asked for:

1. DSV/DSH
2. volume/tone
3. no face jack
4. abalone face/side dots
5. alder body routed for H/S/H (to allow for S/S/S or S/S/H in the future)
6. Parchment pickguard
7. Reb Beach Even C taper
8. No vintage tint and plain (as opposed to birdseye) maple

Everything else's is YOUR classic (even down to the signed HS!!)
mike.

pluto

very funny! seriously, I decided on metallic Candy Apple red w/ maple neck (again) when I saw Chun13's!:dude
I know you're going to change the order to a mapletop/basswood, all maple neck, two hum, floyd. :eek: I'll give you a week and a half right before the guys at Suhr cut the neck!

eddyrox

Originally posted by pluto
I know you're going to change the order to a mapletop/basswood, all maple neck, two hum, floyd. :eek: I'll give you a week and a half right before the guys at Suhr cut the neck!
absolutely not!! :p :p :D
THAT was the "old me", the "new me" makes Mude run through multiple changes BEFORE, and just near the point where, he submits the order to Steve. NO lie, I went from Braz RW to maple, from Even C slim to Even C Reb Beach, Dark Red metallic to Candy Apple Red Metallic, and asked for all the Abalone trimmings. THAT's not that indecisive - is it?:D

eddyrox

Originally posted by Tomo
Now he posted pics and specs.
Looking great! I like maple neck Suhr!

Tomo
Tomo, you're going to LOVE your Suhr. (whenever you get around to placing your order!!:D :D )

Chun13

NIIIICE!!:dude

OK, the ONLY difference between your beaut and the one I just ordered is that I asked for:

1. DSV/DSH
2. volume/tone
3. no face jack
4. abalone face/side dots
5. alder body routed for H/S/H (to allow for S/S/S or S/S/H in the future)
6. Parchment pickguard
7. Reb Beach Even C taper
8. No vintage tint and plain (as opposed to birdseye) maple

Everything else's is YOUR classic (even down to the signed HS!!)
mike.
Can't wait for your guitar to show up ! :D

Glowing Tubes

Gold Supporting Member
:eek: Wow Dookie, that T is georgous.
Very cool.
Mine should be here in 3 weeks to a month. Im counting the days. Its going to kill. LOL!

Richard

Den

Gold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by Andersonguy
:eek: Wow Dookie, that T is georgous.
Very cool.
Mine should be here in 3 weeks to a month. Im counting the days. Its going to kill. LOL!

Richard
Man, you may need some serious drugs to get through these next few weeks. I HATE the last few weeks waiting for something like this! :D

stevieray

Dookie,

Gorgeous T!!! And that comes from a guy who loves his own Suhr T. Yours is the only one I'd like to have as much as mine! Perfect pickguard for a top like that. Was this an original idea?

eddyrox

Hey, I've just noticed that a SIGNIFICANT number of replys on this particular thread ARE FROM ANDERSON FORUM MEMBERS!!!!:D :D

Roll call!

eddyrox

Originally posted by Suhr
Its all good, you guys should have one of each:D
heh, heh, how about at least 3 of each!!:D

Seriously, no self-respecting uber-strat lover can go without a Suhr Standard and a Drop Top Classic. Then, if we're continuing down the vintage trail, ya gotta have a Suhr Tele. Nothing else comes close. Then until JST comes out w/ a mahogany short scale, ya gotta p/u a Cobra or a Cobra S.

After years (and I mean years) of playing Andy's, I played a Suhr Standard w/ all the trimmings (Plek, BFTS, Floyd, CNC precision, SS frets, ripping quilt, etc.). Thoughts? ONLY the BEST playing locking trem, maple neck, I've ever owned.

What is it about Suhr's that I love? They FEEL "broken in", literally seconds after it comes off of Kenny's bench, and resonant. No lie. And w/ the Plek jobs, they are soooooo even and smooth. No dead spots, no fret grabbing, no misfretting. Just the best set-up around. And THAT'S w/ a Floyd bridge.

TAG's are absolutely awesome. BUT, JST Suhr's are completely out-of-this-world fantastic. IF you dig strats or teles, do yourself a favor and try a Suhr.

pluto

heh, heh, how about at least 3 of each!!:D

Seriously, no self-respecting uber-strat lover can go without a Suhr Standard and a Drop Top Classic. Then, if we're continuing down the vintage trail, ya gotta have a Suhr Tele. Nothing else comes close. Then until JST comes out w/ a mahogany short scale, ya gotta p/u a Cobra or a Cobra S.

After years (and I mean years) of playing Andy's, I played a Suhr Standard w/ all the trimmings (Plek, BFTS, Floyd, CNC precision, SS frets, ripping quilt, etc.). Thoughts? ONLY the BEST playing locking trem, maple neck, I've ever owned.

What is it about Suhr's that I love? They FEEL "broken in", literally seconds after it comes off of Kenny's bench, and resonant. No lie. And w/ the Plek jobs, they are soooooo even and smooth. No dead spots, no fret grabbing, no misfretting. Just the best set-up around. And THAT'S w/ a Floyd bridge.

TAG's are absolutely awesome. BUT, JST Suhr's are completely out-of-this-world fantastic. IF you dig strats or teles, do yourself a favor and try a Suhr.
Nah, I'll stick with my Andys. Wait a sec., oh, never mind! :D

dookie

Originally posted by stevieray
Dookie,

Gorgeous T!!! And that comes from a guy who loves his own Suhr T. Yours is the only one I'd like to have as much as mine! Perfect pickguard for a top like that. Was this an original idea?
Yes, it was but it was inspired by others so I don't know how "original" it is...

Here's how it went down...

I got very used to the "Standard" control set up on my Classic and figured I could have the same set up since it was done on the burl maple top limited series T (the one that rossta 1 has posted)...

At about this time, I saw a picture of Ted Witcher's gold top T (shown in this thread) in another thread and was thinking about getting no pickguard just like his... I thought his was a beauty (still do)... It originally would've looked like Ted's but with the flame top over ash, the Pau Ferro board, and the Standard control config... I guess it would've looked more like rossta 1's limited but with the tele pups...

After playing a ton of Suhrs at Tone Merchants, I decided on getting the pickguard because I noticed a difference in tone between pickguard held pups and those in the body... I like the "airy-ness" of a pup in the pickguard and I wanted that sound in the neck position... The shorty pickguard was actually John's suggestion after I went through some pickguards they had lying around and laid them over a freshly cut T body...

I went back later to choose the top... Got to file through them just like eddyrox did (I live 15 minutes from the shop :))

The no dots thing was inspired by shoe's (aka Pete Lacis) Suhrs... I thought his looked so cool... I love it...

The bengal burst over the flame idea was from another guitar that I saw on the Tone Merchants forum (a guy named sicktone's Classic has a quilt top like that; his is a trans orange burst)...

So there you have it... You could almost say that my T is a homage to everyone else's Suhrs... I just wanted all the cool features of all the others that I saw on mine :dude ...

One more thing... I wanted to show off the swamp ash so I had John match the bengal burst on the front with a tobacco burst on the back... Haven't seen that done before so I guess THAT is original...

eddyrox

Originally posted by dookie
I went back later to choose the top... Got to file through them just like eddyrox did (I live 15 minutes from the shop :))
ain't it great?!:dude

Originally posted by dookie
One more thing... I wanted to show off the swamp ash so I had John match the bengal burst on the front with a tobacco burst on the back... Haven't seen that done before so I guess THAT is original...
THAT is STUNNING.:eek: :dude .....hmmm.....metallic candy apple front, chili pepper red back.....:D :cool:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom