Suhr Badger 18 or Morgan AC 20 Deluxe

Ace.

Hi,

i'm searching for a new amp with power scaling and 15-30W.

I'm very interested in the Suhr Badger 18 and Morgan AC20 Deluxe.

The amp has to be versatile as i play between blues, funk, r&b, soul, rock and a bit jazz. Also i really like Landau tones and Robben Ford.
Want to use it for live playing and home use/recording.

Anyone compared these to amps or has both of them or can give any advice?

Thanks.

Gemini2

I looked hard at both of those amps (badger 30). IMO, the Badger is a Rock amp. The Morgan will cover more ground but will not rock as hard as the Badger. In your situation I'd go for the Morgan. You can always run a pedal for more gain if needed. A Morgan 35 might be better for the Funk, Jazz stuff.

mangoman

Gold Supporting Member
The AC20 deluxe is a great amp. However, so killer, full cleans, I agree with the above,...grab the RCA35/RV35 or the SW22/50

Although, any would really work,

Love my ac20

Ace.

Actually i'm using a Suhr Riot for higher Gain Settings and Mojo Hand Rook / DMBL for less gain. Amp is set almost clean for funk and jazzy stuff.
The amp doesn't need a lot of gain, so i think that won't be an issue with the Moragn. It needs nice cleans and edge of break-up tones.

Heard from Joe that Mike Landau also just ordered an AC40.

Ace.

The AC20 deluxe is a great amp. However, so killer, full cleans, I agree with the above,...grab the RCA35/RV35 or the SW22/50

Although, any would really work,

Love my ac20

I picked the AC20 cause Joe recommended me this amp amp and i want to have the power scaling options.

Is there a big difference between AC20 and RCA35 / SW22 ?

Nicks

Yes, the sw22 stays pretty much clean with single coils. Rv35 and AC20 have more drive.

The badger doesn't have the Vox el84 sound, the AC20 nails it, the rv35 has it to a lot lesser extent. The SW22r is more 65 deluxe meets dumble.

Trending Topics