Suhr Badger 30 FX loop Way Huge Delays

Vikk

Hi All

SO, I've been tossing through my pedal collection and decided to pull out the way huge delays (aqua and echo puss) - using these delays for the first time with my badger 30 (in the Fx loop).

.. plugged in the Echo puss pedal, kicked it on and suddenly I noticed a drop in the high end, mushiness & a slight drop in level. First instinct was to change the patch cables - no effect. Next thought, it could have been the pedal - swapped the echo puss out for the aqua puss .... exactly the same result - loss of high end, a bit muffled and drop in volume. ALso tried to set the blend to zero but no improvement.

In BYPASS mode, the muffled sound goes away - basically engaging the delay in the chain introduces the problem.

So I put the echo puss in front - and everything sounded fine. Tried a few other pedals in the loop (TC corona, Voodoo lab tremolo) and they work absolutely fine...

My question to other way huge pedal owners is
- do you observe the same?
- are these pedals made to run in front of the amp?

I tried a BBE delay in the loop and that seemed to work fine!

Keen to hear from other owners who have tried this combination!

Cheers/Vik

pozydhar

I had the same thing going on with my Badger 18 and a Carbon Copy. I switched to a TC Flashback and that solved it :)

Husky

Hi All

SO, I've been tossing through my pedal collection and decided to pull out the way huge delays (aqua and echo puss) - using these delays for the first time with my badger 30 (in the Fx loop).

.. plugged in the Echo puss pedal, kicked it on and suddenly I noticed a drop in the high end, mushiness & a slight drop in level. First instinct was to change the patch cables - no effect. Next thought, it could have been the pedal - swapped the echo puss out for the aqua puss .... exactly the same result - loss of high end, a bit muffled and drop in volume. ALso tried to set the blend to zero but no improvement.

In BYPASS mode, the muffled sound goes away - basically engaging the delay in the chain introduces the problem.

So I put the echo puss in front - and everything sounded fine. Tried a few other pedals in the loop (TC corona, Voodoo lab tremolo) and they work absolutely fine...

My question to other way huge pedal owners is
- do you observe the same?
- are these pedals made to run in front of the amp?

I tried a BBE delay in the loop and that seemed to work fine!

Keen to hear from other owners who have tried this combination!

Cheers/Vik
Send me an email (In my contact info) with the input and output impedances of the unit you are trying to put in the loop. You might be able to fix the pedal with a buffer. My guess is the output impedance might be too high. Or..... if it has a wet only option use our MiniMix2, that will guarantee the purity of the dry signal path regardless of what the pedal is doing

Trending Topics