Suhr Badger 30 or something similar recommendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by whsdhs1, Jan 30, 2012.

1. whsdhs1

whsdhs1 Supporting Member

I have had my eye on a Badger 30 recently. I like the fact that it has the power scaling and an fx input (I think).
    Our new drummer is LOUD - which is not bad, kind of refreshing in a scense. I have a lower watt amp now that just gets muddy when turned up, so I want something that has enough power to cut through the band, can clean up, is a good pedal platform and can be used for home or recording situations.

So, is the Badger 30 really for me or are their other suggestions out there? BTW, there is no way for me to try a Badger 30 in my area so I have to rely on youtube and reviews.

2. Pelagic

Pelagic Supporting Member

The amp does have an effects loop and can do most everything on your list. The amp can go from very clean (almost dry sounding) to higher modernish gain and many tones in between. Works great with pedals, might not be first choice for using only guitar volume to run things. The power scaling works very well, but like all reduction methods, has its limitations so may or may not meet your expectation for home play. Very well built and small enough to sit on a 1x12 nicely. If its a keeper for you will come down to personal preference for feel and tone...the functionality is there. If you buy used, you will not risk much to find out. FYI my old one is for sale right now by FiestaRed in the emporium.

3. ivegotwood

ivegotwood Member

The Badger 30 is pretty damn versatile. It will be loud enough for your drummer and scalable from there. Great recording amp IMO. Greats sounding low volumes as well. Can't go wrong

4. Lespaulsignature 74

Lespaulsignature 74 Silver Supporting Member

The Badger 30 is a great sounding versatile compact amp. It was my main giging amp for a few years and it kept up with our drummer quite nicely, and he was a heavy hitter. I played mostly small to medium sized bars and it filled those rooms with no problem. I mainly used it with a 2x12 or 2x10 cab but it really shines coming through a 4x12 cab.