1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suhr Badger - Head or combo? Street Prices?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by TroyHamilton, Jan 30, 2008.

1. TroyHamilton

TroyHamilton Supporting Member

Strongly considering a Badger... the combo seems to be very well designed, and I really should only need a 1x12. Anyone with experience offer any insight as to which way to go?

Anyone happen to know what the 'street price' is on a new Suhr Badger? (Both combo or head version info is appreciated.)

2. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

I started with the head then went to the combo for transport/setup/design reasons.

The combo cab design is superior to the ported 1x12 cab I used with the head. I used the Celestion Gold with the 1x12 cab, but put the recommended V30 in the combo shell. While I was hesitant because I really loved the Gold, I can't say I'm missing anything with the V30 and I'm definitely getting more low end now.

Street price will actually vary. Even though I've got the chassis in the combo shell, there are many situations when the head shell is definitely nice to have. You could have the best of both worlds if you bought the head from a dealer (just check with them all and get the best deal you can find) the combo shell directly from Suhr and a V30 from Avatar. Save even more $ if you don't mind the head used.

It's a great amp. Meets my needs perfectly. I got the Badger and stopped looking at other amps.

3. beej

beej Supporting Member

I've got the head + 1x12 and prefer it to a typical combo. Both pieces are quite light on their own, and it's easier to grab one thing in each hand for moving purposes. Plus, I can place the head closer to me at gigs so I can tweak it easily.

4. TroyHamilton

TroyHamilton Supporting Member

Anyone else have any insight or street prices to offer? I'm trying to get a feel for what is a fair price on these new/used. I have been given an offer of $1595 for the head (new).

5. coxswain

coxswain Member

That is a good deal. FWIW the badger cab is 525 loaded.

Chase

6. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

well there was a badger head for 1400 on NYC craigslist last week if that helps.