Suhr Badger question

Mick_Braun

Silver Supporting Member
Any substantive difference between the earlier version and the latest? Just cosmetic? Looking at some Badger 18 heads, just curious.

Mick_Braun

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, the GAS levels are trending north on this one. Seems like it can get pretty overdriven on its own? Or do folks mainly use it as a pedal platform?

Benz2112

Supporting Member
Yeah, the GAS levels are trending north on this one. Seems like it can get pretty overdriven on its own? Or do folks mainly use it as a pedal platform?
What I meant by good with a pedal is that wherever you set it, you add a boost, and it just gives you more, probably why they added a boost on the new one. It has a lot of good sounds between 9oclock and noon on the gain dial, it is all a matter of where you want to start.

jhumber

With my current pedalboard I set the gain at 4 which gives a slightly-hairy clean tone, then use pedals for the rest.
With a previous band and a simpler rig, I set the gain at 7 and used the volume on my guitar for cleans. At full tilt, that was one of the best AC/DC-style tones I've had. So yes, I can confirm the overdrive tones are pretty great with this amp. I did find above around 7.5 on the gain it started to get a bit mushy, but I understand it wasn't designed for 'high-gain' so that's fair enough.